Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Frontend user management

4 years 10 months ago #315926 by billraydrums
Frontend user management was created by billraydrums
Hello and Happy Holidays!

I am working on a site that is related to employment. It's for a daycare and in Washington State, there's many requirements for those who would look after children so instead of throwing all the fillable fields at the prospective applicants, we've broken it down into smaller pieces so as to not waste anyone's time.

I've got the following User Groups set up:

• Applicants
• Pre-Employment
• Employees

Applicants will submit their initial data that qualifies them to move to the next phase (Pre-Employment) where they will be treated to another tab with instructions on what to do. Once they've completed those steps they will be advanced to the final stage, which is "Employees".

I am setting up a front-end interface for the site admins to be able to quickly vet information and either give the applicant a "thumbs-up" or "thumbs-down".

Is there a module for this or is there a code snippet that can be inserted into the CB all-in-one module?

I will probably have a ton of questions in the coming days, as I'm rushing towards the finish line on this.

Thank You!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
4 years 10 months ago #315934 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Frontend user management
There isn't really a thumbs up or thumbs down usage in CB. You could try using CB Activity and its Likes usage, but it has no negative functionality built in (everything is a Like regardless of type selected). Probably easiest for that is a checkbox field set to button display so it outputs as Yes/No button then turn on ajax editing for it via CB Core Fields Ajax. Next you'd have a userlist that displays your Applicant users for easy review and vetting by admins.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon