Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Trying to block Kunenna spammers with CB Auto actions

• torinfo
  • torinfo
4 years 9 months ago #316065 by torinfo
It's clearly explained in one of your tutorials!

However, I cannot find the trigger that is referenced in the Tutorial: I don;'t see a joomla_onKunenaBeforeSave in the list of available triggers,

I checked and the Kunena CB integration plugin is installed and enabled as is the Kunena Joomla integration plugin. I use the latest CB Auto action plugin (8.0.0+build.2019.12.11.18.36.32.cce0aadaa) and Kunena version 5.1.15.

Joomla is version ‎3.9.13

Is there anything else I can check or need to enable?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
4 years 9 months ago #316069 by krileon
The trigger doesn't have to be in the dropdown to use it. We don't include 3rd party Joomla events in the dropdown, which is what that is. Simply add it and press enter to add it to the list of triggers as it's a tags fieldtype.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• torinfo
  • torinfo
4 years 9 months ago #316081 by torinfo
Thank you for that.

It still does not work though. I get the following error, when I turn debugging on:

:: Action 94 :: Condition 1-2 failed for user 12645 with "[cb_forumposts]" Less Than or Equal To "10"

So it seems to me that the variable [cb_forumposts] is not recognised.

• krileon
  • krileon
4 years 9 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #316083 by krileon
You need to create the cb_forumposts field then within CB > Field Management of the type Forum Status. This should already have Status under Parameters > Display set to Posts. This will allow it to output the post count. I've updated the tutorial to include this step.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 4 years 9 months ago by krileon.

• torinfo
  • torinfo
4 years 9 months ago #316086 by torinfo
Thanks again.

That works!

It is probably also good to mention in your tutorial, that you should set the priorities such that the email is sent first and than the alert is triggered.

Otherwise (at least in my test cases) the email is not sent.

• krileon
  • krileon
4 years 9 months ago #316087 by krileon
The redirect will indeed prevent the email. Will fix the order of the steps in the tutorial and add a note regarding that.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

Moderators: beatnantkrileon