Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Autoaction leading to a redirect is triggered regardless of the condition

• Matt2012
  • Matt2012
4 years 8 months ago #316769 by Matt2012
I have an auto action that has Registered as Access.
I was hoping that means it would be be triggered by users who were not logged in.

I have then added a conditional where usergroup = "Registered" this is not stopping the redirect either for non logged in users.

The redirect is triggered by joomla_onContentAfterDisplay

The idea is that all registered users (that have not completed a mandatory new field in their profile) are redirected to the edit profile field.

What is happening is that all users (including non logged in users) are being redirected ignoring the access setting and the conditional setting.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
4 years 8 months ago #316784 by krileon
Access check is against the User for the auto action. That triggers user object is likely coming from the owner of the content; usually the owner of the displayed article for example. Set User to Self and that should resolve your Access check issues where they'll now always be applied to the viewing user.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon