Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB Auto Actions: email field substitutions

• carin
  • carin
4 years 8 months ago #316796 by carin
In my reg form I have a single select drop down cb_salutation with values and translated lables. Calling [cb_salutation] in the email gives me the value instead of the expected translated label. How do I get the label?

CB 2.0

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
4 years 7 months ago #316808 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Auto Actions: email field substitutions
[FIELD_NAME] is always raw stored value. Recommend reading the substitution tutorial below (highly recommend also bookmarking it).

www.joomlapolis.com/documentation/279-community-builder/tutorials/18353-using-substitutions-throughout-cb

If you want translations, HTML, etc.. for a field to process you need to use the below.

[cb:userfield field="FIELD_NAME" /]

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• carin
  • carin
4 years 7 months ago #316817 by carin
Replied by carin on topic CB Auto Actions: email field substitutions
That does not solve my problem. As I wrote I need the label of the selected option.

CB 2.0

• krileon
  • krileon
4 years 7 months ago #316820 by krileon
[cb:userfield field="FIELD_NAME" /] gives you the label of the selected option. It outputs the processed value of the field.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• carin
  • carin
4 years 7 months ago #316821 by carin
Replied by carin on topic CB Auto Actions: email field substitutions
In my case it returns an empty string.

[cb_salutation] on the other hand returns the value from the db. The labels are translated. How do I debug that?

CB 2.0

• krileon
  • krileon
4 years 7 months ago #316824 by krileon
If it returns an empty string then the field isn't accessible. [cb:userfield field="FIELD_NAME" /] outputs exactly as it would on your profile. If the field isn't accessible to the user or isn't set to display on profile it won't display anything.

[cb_salutation] on the other hand returns the value from the db. The labels are translated. How do I debug that?

There is nothing to debug. As I've explained above and in our substitution tutorial [FIELD_NAME] is always raw output. That substitution is working exactly as it should.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon