Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB Auto Actions: email field substitutions

• carin
  • carin
4 years 7 months ago #316830 by carin
Replied by carin on topic CB Auto Actions: email field substitutions
If [cb_salutation] is accessible why is [cb:userfield field="cb_salutation" /] not accessible after I substitute the first with the latter?

PS: Can you please take out the "Flood protection! Please wait 240 seconds before submitting an another message." or set it to a reasonable time like 24 sec, thanks.

CB 2.0

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
4 years 7 months ago #316844 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Auto Actions: email field substitutions

If [cb_salutation] is accessible why is [cb:userfield field="cb_salutation" /] not accessible after I substitute the first with the latter?

Because [FIELD_NAME] substitutions are raw database values. They have no access controls. Ensure cb_salutation is visible to the user. If it's not set to display on profile then a userfield substitution won't be able to substitute it in. If you don't want it actually visible then move it to a tab in a not shown on profile tab position.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• carin
  • carin
4 years 7 months ago #316855 by carin
This field is visible everywhere except for searchable. I dont know what else to switch on.

CB 2.0

• krileon
  • krileon
4 years 7 months ago #316857 by krileon
Is the field actually visible on the users profile to a public user? Since this is being sent during or after the registration process the viewing user is a public user. What trigger are you acting on?

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• carin
  • carin
4 years 7 months ago #316862 by carin
Is the field actually visible on the users profile to a public user?
==> yes

It is an email action onAfterUserConfirmation.

I cant find the drop down in the field to set it to the public view level. The action is set to "all".

CB 2.0

• krileon
  • krileon
4 years 7 months ago #316869 by krileon
I don't know what more to suggest. The substitution should be working fine. That trigger contains the users object so User set to Automatic should have no issues finding their user object. If the field truly is visible to them it will substitute in fine. The below works perfectly fine in my tests.

Global
Triggers: onAfterUserConfirmation
Type: Email
User: Automatic
Access: Everybody
Action
Body:
Code:
My username is [cb:userfield field="username" /]

Leave To empty as it will automatically handle sending to the user object of the auto action.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon