Skip to Content Skip to Menu

"Yes, Independent of CMS "allow registration""

• thejungle
  • thejungle
4 years 7 months ago #316801 by thejungle
For the last week about 1 in 10 new users are only appearing in the joomla user table, not the Comprofiler table.

I can sync them, but we then do not collect the info from the CB fields.

There are no Joomla login modules published. Any ideas why this would happen?

www.thejungle.uk.net/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=registers&Itemid=2733&profiletype=jungle-explorer-club

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
4 years 7 months ago #316818 by krileon
Typically happens when something interrupts the registration process when the Joomla user object is validated and stored. Typically a 3rd party Joomla system or user plugin is easily capable of doing that. Another cause could be users registering outside of CB, but that shouldn't be possible unless it's a 3rd party extension since CBs system plugin in Extensions > Plugins blocks access to Joomlas users component. How are you handling profiles types? Looks like maybe CB Profile Pro. I suppose it's possible that could be causing issues before CB user is stored. Without you having a way of reliably causing the issue I can't really say what else could be doing that as there isn't a way to debug it properly without being able to reproduce the issue.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• thejungle
  • thejungle
4 years 7 months ago #316822 by thejungle
Replied by thejungle on topic "Yes, Independent of CMS "allow registration""
I've been using CB Profile Pro for several years now without a problem and haven't installed any new plugins for over 6 months, only updates.

I have had a couple of customer's show me a page not found error after registration. An auto action should have sent them to a thank you page but it sounds like their registration didn't get that far. The only think I can think of is that I've noticed a slow response at times on the site.

I've tried myself to replicate it several times but I register without problem.

• krileon
  • krileon
4 years 7 months ago #316825 by krileon
Auto action thank you page? Do you've a redirect auto action configured? If so what trigger are you using.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• thejungle
  • thejungle
4 years 7 months ago #316831 by thejungle
Replied by thejungle on topic "Yes, Independent of CMS "allow registration""
onAfterUserRegistration
Attachments:

• krileon
  • krileon
4 years 7 months ago #316845 by krileon
That's too early to redirect. I recommend using onAfterSaveUserRegistration, which is triggered just before the registration complete message is output.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: thejungle

Moderators: beatnantkrileon