Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Community Builder 2.4.4 Update - TAB Issue

• mickelb
  • mickelb
4 years 7 months ago #317122 by mickelb
Updated to CB 2.4.4 on a cloned backup site (Joomla 3.9.16) and find that there is no Sign Up Regsitration page displayed.

In CB Configuation it had been set to Tabbed Registration Layout. Changing to Flat layout brings back the Regsitration Page. Fortunately I only have the one Contact Info Tab in use, so Flat works for me.

Any bug fixes on the way?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
4 years 7 months ago #317124 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Community Builder 2.4.4 Update - TAB Issue
What version did you upgrade from? CB 2.4.4 is a minor release that doesn't even touch tabs. The main reason tabs fail like that is their jQuery is broken by a fatal JS error.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• mickelb
  • mickelb
4 years 7 months ago #317128 by mickelb
Replied by mickelb on topic Community Builder 2.4.4 Update - TAB Issue
From 2.4.3. No error messages. No tabs, regardless of whether the update touched tabs or not.

Unfortunately I can't give you access as the backup is on a private network server.

• krileon
  • krileon
4 years 7 months ago #317129 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Community Builder 2.4.4 Update - TAB Issue
So you went from stable build to stable build? That'd mean your install was months behind on build releases. So there's no real knowing which change maybe causing your issue. Without access I won't be able to investigate the issue any further as I am unable to reproduce it on our demo site or locally. This is almost always caused by a JS conflict. Please ensure you've also updated the plugins on your test site to see if an out of date plugin could be the cause.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• mickelb
  • mickelb
4 years 7 months ago #317130 by mickelb
Replied by mickelb on topic Community Builder 2.4.4 Update - TAB Issue
All plugins up to date.

I only update CB when an update is flagged in Joomla Admin.

As no-one else has reported a similar problem I have bitten the bullet and updated the live site and there is no problem with the Tabs.

Looks like I will have to look deeper into the test server and see what differences there are compared to the live server.

Thanks for taking an interest.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon