Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Put a cb_gallery field in a delimiter field

4 years 6 months ago #317591 by matthewdavey
Put a cb_gallery field in a delimiter field was created by matthewdavey
I want to put a cb_gallery field in a delimiter field.
I need the code. when I make a cb gallery field I see in the balloon I see how to make the module Parameters Asset (eg. profile.[user_id].field.{field_id]) some info says.
Ok I want maybe I called it [cb_imagegallery] ? how do I put (cars)
I want module to display the [cb_imagegallery] (cars) from the websites (profile tab members cars).
So every member has put some images in the field.
I want to display the actual users cb_imagegallery in the delimiter field.. So when any user clicks on there connections they see users delimiter field tab cars and that users cb_image gallery of cars.
What is the feld substitutions to do this? How do I configure this to work?
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
4 years 6 months ago #317604 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Put a cb_gallery field in a delimiter field
Please read the substitution tutorial below. Bookmark it and visit it anytime you've a substitution question. This will be of huge help throughout CB.

www.joomlapolis.com/documentation/279-community-builder/tutorials/18353-using-substitutions-throughout-cb

You can't raw substitute in a gallery field. Raw substitutions for gallery fields just output the media count. To substitute in a gallery field you need to use an HTML formatted substitution. Example as follows.

[cb:userfield field="FIELD_NAME" /]

Gallery fields by default have an asset of profile.USER_ID.field.FIELD_ID. If you want a module to display all the gallery entries from that field of every user you need to create a gallery module and set its asset to profile.%.field.FIELD_ID. This allows it to use a wildcard to grab every users gallery entries for that field. Please be sure to read the Asset parameter carefully as it provides examples of this and more.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 6 months ago #317617 by matthewdavey
Replied by matthewdavey on topic Put a cb_gallery field in a delimiter field
Thanks

I want to display a cb userlist in a delimiter field or module
Where do I get the code to collect let's say all people I have connected as friends in connections?
And they would all show in the connected cb user list?

Is there some documentation on ALL Advanced filters? Different examples use cases?

What is the code to display a particular cb user list from connections in a delimiter field or module?
But I want the code for each profile owners connections only to be displayed there profile in a tab.
There must be some code?
Thanks

• krileon
  • krileon
4 years 6 months ago #317636 by krileon

I want to display a cb userlist in a delimiter field or module

There's no functionality for that. So the only way to do that is with an iframe (e.g. Joomla wrapper module) or something 3rd party like Components Anywhere. Note that even if it's forced via 3rd party means it is still not something that is supported so it may or may not work correctly.

Where do I get the code to collect let's say all people I have connected as friends in connections?
And they would all show in the connected cb user list?

You can use the below in an Advanced filter to filter a userlist to your connections.

Code:
( SELECT COUNT( * ) FROM `#__comprofiler_members` AS m WHERE m.`referenceid` = u.`id` AND m.`accepted` = 1 ) > 0

Is there some documentation on ALL Advanced filters? Different examples use cases?

No, Advanced filters just directly adds to the WHERE statement of the database query. There isn't anything to document as it's just SQL. Any usecaes we've provided for users will be on the forums based off their request.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 6 months ago #317680 by matthewdavey
Replied by matthewdavey on topic Put a cb_gallery field in a delimiter field
The code didn't give the correct result?
It gave more members.
Not the correct connections. Is it possible the code is wrong?
I want the users connections list displayed in the users profile.. No other users..
Thanks

• krileon
  • krileon
4 years 6 months ago #317690 by krileon
Ah, sorry. Correct, that filter shows everyone with a connection. If you want to mimic the connections tab you'd use the below.

Code:
u.`id` IN ( SELECT m.`memberid` FROM `#__comprofiler_members` AS m WHERE m.`referenceid` = '[user_id]' AND m.`accepted` = 1 )

That should show every user you've an accepted connection with.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon