Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Auto Actions Substitutions

• AlanJones
  • AlanJones
4 years 6 months ago #317615 by AlanJones
Auto Actions Substitutions was created by AlanJones
Trying to use Substitutions in Auto Actions for Activity e-mail notifications:

This worked for me in GroupJive wall posts when I changed the language file.
[user] has posted on the wall in the group [usergroup]

1. But in Auto Actions i need to use [username] - not sure what to use for the groupjive group substitution.
2. Also how do I make these substitutions into a link?
3. Lastly I want to include the text of the Activity post in the e-mail notification.

Any ideas?

AutoActions 8.0.0
GJ 3.4.0
CB 2.4.4
Joomla 3.9.16

Own Your Own Community!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• AlanJones
  • AlanJones
4 years 6 months ago #317631 by AlanJones
Replied by AlanJones on topic Auto Actions Substitutions
You've actually already answered my question about the Group name - But I'm a bit lost as to how to do that.

But is there a way to include the content of the activity post in the e-mail? and can I make the group name at least linkable?

I know the idea is to get web notifications to replace the e-mail notifications, but we can't get notifications working in chrome or in iOS. So it makes us rely on e-mail notifications.

Own Your Own Community!

• krileon
  • krileon
4 years 6 months ago #317633 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Auto Actions Substitutions

1. But in Auto Actions i need to use [username] - not sure what to use for the groupjive group substitution.

CB GroupJive has a special substitution for [user] and [group] in its notification API. This does not exist for general usage so it will not work in CB Auto Actions.

2. Also how do I make these substitutions into a link?

Use the userlist output of the formatname field to link to profile. This should be as follows.

[cb:userfield field="formatname" reason="list" /]

3. Lastly I want to include the text of the Activity post in the e-mail notification.

In most cases you will not be able to since the activity post content maybe parsed on display and doesn't actually have a message stored. It also depends entirely on what trigger you're using. Additionally it doesn't give a user much reason to come back to your site if all the info is in the email.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon