Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Community Builder profile picking up main site home page

4 years 6 months ago #317718 by Stjameschurch
Not sure how to explain this so hope that it becomes clear.
This is particularly relevant when a new user registers and has received their generated password system takes them to their profile layout but it picks up the main site template and home page. They then have to scroll down the page to find the relevant sections, i.e. terms and conditions and submit.

This link is the page it takes them to; www.stjameschurchbulkington.org.uk/index.php/en/component/users/profile?layout=edit&Itemid=101
How do I either get it to pick the CB template or just a blank Main Site template page.

Your thoughts would be much appreciated, I can't find anything in primer book or videos though it is quite possible I have missed it.

regards
David

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
4 years 6 months ago #317725 by krileon
That's Joomlas profile edit. You shouldn't be accessing Joomla registration or profile edit at all. Ensure you're using CBs registration page and CBs login module. CBs Joomla system plugin in Extensions > Plugins should already be preventing access to Joomla user component if published (should be by default). If you've Joomla menu items to Joomlas registration or profile edit please change them to go to CB.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 6 months ago #317738 by Stjameschurch
Thanks for your reply, as far as I can tell everything you have suggested has been done, The CB Joomla System Plugin is enabled. the login module is the CB one, as is the online module so I'm still stuck.

I have now paid for Quickstart which doesn't resolve the issue above, I still get the profile page below the Home page, so the user has to scroll down to find it which is not ideal when they first register.
Last edit: 4 years 6 months ago by Stjameschurch. Reason: Update with new information

• krileon
  • krileon
4 years 6 months ago #317762 by krileon

I still get the profile page below the Home page, so the user has to scroll down to find it which is not ideal when they first register.

Not sure I understand what you mean by this. You can't have 2 component views rendered at the same time. Sounds like you've a bunch of Joomla modules to module positions above the component view that you need to configure to be on specific pages using Joomla menu module assignment (edit your module for such parameters).

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 6 months ago #317778 by Stjameschurch
I'll try and explain what is happening, bearing in mind that I did a fresh install of CB using Quickstart so I thought that everything would be made easier.
When a user enters their login details for the first time, I understand that they should be taken to the Profile Edit screen. This it does, going to the following URL www.stjameschurchbulkington.org.uk/index.php/en/component/users/profile?layout=edit&Itemid=101

I have attached a screen shot, which shows what is being displayed

Attachments:

• krileon
  • krileon
4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 6 months ago #317791 by krileon
Looks like you've Joomla modules assigned to the menu item associated with the Itemid in the URL. CB has no control over that. That's entirely Joomla module menu assignment behavior. Edit those modules in Extensions > Modules and click the Menu Assignment tab then be sure they're configured to only display on the pages you want them displayed on.

As for why you're being sent to Joomla profile edit it's because you're using Joomlas privacy policy. You can replace that usage with Terms and Conditions fields in CB and turning on verify consent in CBs system plugin in Extensions > Plugins. Once done you can turn off Joomlas privacy policy plugin.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
Last edit: 4 years 6 months ago by krileon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stjameschurch

Moderators: beatnantkrileon