Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Question GroupJive - ACL to create acces in tabs

• Julien04
  • Julien04
4 years 6 months ago #317833 by Julien04
hi!

You think it is possible and conceivable to be able to use an ACL management to create access just in the tabs of groupjive (Events, Documents, photos, videos) ?

The owner access would be fantastic :-D

Julien

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
4 years 6 months ago #317836 by krileon
No, create access parameters are not planned for group features. The idea is if a user has actively joined the group then can participate in that group and utilize its features. This may change when GJ is rewritten to be more like CB Activity and CB Gallery were it'll support unlimited "Communities" (name pending :P) that contain categories and groups and are Asset based.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Julien04

• Julien04
  • Julien04
4 years 6 months ago #317838 by Julien04
OK :).

I use Groupjive in support in the context of workshop realization, I told myself that it could be practical that only the speaker can broadcast on these tabs to organize and offer its content.

I understand that it was not the original idea that is broader.

Thanks for your quick answer ! I notice!

• krileon
  • krileon
4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 6 months ago #317845 by krileon
If you strictly only want the group owner to post that's doable. It's just not doable to set an actual ACL value. Edit the group and disable any of those features. When disabled Group Owner, Group Administrators, and CB Moderators can still post content to the features respective tabs and the content will be visible to everyone, but only those can actually post new content. This should already be noted in the description of each of the group features parameters. This won't be able to apply to CB Gallery and CB Activity integrations with groups though.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 4 years 6 months ago by krileon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Julien04

• Julien04
  • Julien04
4 years 6 months ago #317871 by Julien04
Hi !

Everything is perfect :)

The plugin was also designed for this and I am very happy!

It exactly meets my needs.

Why make it complicated when it can be simple :)...

Thank you for your sharing :)

Julien
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon