• Julien04
  • Julien04
4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 6 months ago #317921 by Julien04
Hi,

Actually, display field of date birthday in edit profil is : yyyy.mm.dd

I would this display : dd.mm.yyyy

In my Configuration CB > Gereral > Format date is dd.mm.yyyy

In birdthday date field Display > Personalize > d-m-Y

Order display in profil frontend is alright.

I have forget a configuration ?

Can you help me please ?

Thanks by advance,

Julien
Last edit: 4 years 6 months ago by krileon. Reason: Added [#7950] tag to subject

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
4 years 6 months ago #317927 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Display birthday date in edit profil
Don't understand what the issue is. You said the display in profile is alright? Are you wanting to custom its profile edit display in addition to profile view? You should be able to do that directly in the Date field under Parameters > Display using "Edit Display" parameter by setting it to "Custom" then adjusting "Custom Date Edit Format".

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• Julien04
  • Julien04
4 years 6 months ago #317933 by Julien04
Replied by Julien04 on topic Display birthday date in edit profil
Yes this is what I did and it works on the public display of the profile. But when editing the profile, the date display is reversed. I'm sending you screeshoots. !
Attachments:

• krileon
  • krileon
4 years 6 months ago #317938 by krileon
Why is it displaying as a raw value in profile edit? Is the field not editable? Are you overriding its layout or just setting it to read only? Looks like you're doing a [FIELD_NAME] substitution for its profile edit view, which is just going to pull the raw unformatted database value.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• Julien04
  • Julien04
4 years 6 months ago #317945 by Julien04
Replied by Julien04 on topic Display birthday date in edit profil
Yes it's a field not editable and read it only. I havnt doing substitution !

Thanks

• krileon
  • krileon
4 years 6 months ago #317946 by krileon
Aha, that was the clue we needed. Looks like our calendar function when set to read only output doesn't format the date. Have added a bug ticket to fix.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7950

If you don't need the field actually visible in profile edit I suggest also setting "Show on Profile Edit" to "No" so it will be completely hidden there.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: Julien04

Moderators: beatnantkrileon