Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] Can't replay to a message

• fede312
  • fede312
4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #317954 by fede312
[SOLVED] Can't replay to a message was created by fede312
Hi Kyle:

Today I've got an error, when trying to answer a PM.

Error
You do not have permission to reply to this message.

Any ideas?

Thanks. :)

PD: Also, now that we are working with the CB Message System. Is it safe to uninstall uddeIM from the system?
Last edit: 4 years 5 months ago by krileon. Reason: Added [SOLVED] tag to subject

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
4 years 6 months ago #317968 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Can't replay to a message
This is already fixed in latest build release. Please be sure you've installed the latest CB build.

PD: Also, now that we are working with the CB Message System. Is it safe to uninstall uddeIM from the system?

Yes.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: fede312

• fede312
  • fede312
4 years 6 months ago #317980 by fede312
Replied by fede312 on topic Problem when uninstalling UddeIM
After uninstall uddeim, the website n longer works!

I've get the following message

pms.uddeim.profilelink: UddeIM main component not installed.

And now I can't even install it again because I get another error message

There was an error uploading this file to the server.
Maximum PHP file upload size is too small: This is set in php.ini in both upload_max_filesize and post_max_size settings of your PHP settings (located in php.ini and/or .htaccess file).
Unable to find install package

Now I'm in trouble!

• krileon
  • krileon
4 years 6 months ago #317982 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Problem when uninstalling UddeIM
UddeIM didn't clean up its CB plugin. You have to uninstall UddeIMs plugins, modules, etc.. before you can uninstall its component.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• fede312
  • fede312
4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 6 months ago #317984 by fede312
Replied by fede312 on topic Problems after uninstalling UddeIM
Thanks Kyle for answering that fast. I've got it!

For the record:
If somebody is trying to uninstall UddeIM from the system Remember to uninstall the plugins from "community builder, first" before uninstalling the component from Joomla ---> Extensions ---> Manage

I've got into trouble, when unistalling UddeIM from the system. After uninstalling uddeim from Joomla the website no longer worked. I've got the following error message:

pms.uddeim.profilelink: UddeIM main component not installed.

And of course I wasn't able to install it again because of another error message

There was an error uploading this file to the server.
Maximum PHP file upload size is too small: This is set in php.ini in both upload_max_filesize and post_max_size settings of your PHP settings (located in php.ini and/or .htaccess file).
Unable to find install package

I've read another post in the forum in which Kyle mentioned

If that happens just unpublished the Private Message System plugin. Sounds like it was enabled when UddeIM wasn't installed. Aside from that I'm not sure else could cause that unless maybe the UddeIM CB plugin was installed without the UddeIM component.

But of course I couldn't get to, because I get the same error message in the backend when trying to go to community builder ---> Plugin Management "pms.uddeim.profilelink: UddeIM main component not installed."

I was able to solve the problem by accessing the FTP and deleting manually the following plugins:

plug_pmsuddeiminbox
plug_uddeimblockingplugin
plug_uddeimprofilelink

You can find those plugins within the following path

components/com_profiler/plugin/user/
Last edit: 4 years 6 months ago by fede312.

• krileon
  • krileon
4 years 6 months ago #318002 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Problems after uninstalling UddeIM
The issue comes entirely from the UddeIM plugins not verifying UddeIM component exists before trying to use its API. The included Private Message System makes sure UddeIM exists before using it so that plugin will never cause you an issue like that. When uninstalling UddeIM you always need to uninstall its components first unfortunately (CB plugins, Joomla modules, Joomla plugins, etc..) to be safe.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon