Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] User block not working

• pdolezel
  • pdolezel
4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #318010 by pdolezel
[SOLVED] User block not working was created by pdolezel
Hello, if I use the user block on the front end (see the first screen shot), after hitting "Create block" I get to an empty page (just header, footer and breadcrumbs - see the second screenshot) and the user is not blocked. Blocking/banning on the back-end works just fine both in CB and Joomla. Any CB config I may need to check on? No errors in the console.
Thanks a lot for any pointers.

Attachments:
Last edit: 4 years 5 months ago by krileon. Reason: Added [SOLVED] tag to subject

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
4 years 6 months ago #318018 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic User block not working
Enable debug mode and maximum error reporting in Joomla global configuration then retry and see if any errors output.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• pdolezel
  • pdolezel
4 years 5 months ago #318215 by pdolezel
Replied by pdolezel on topic User block not working
Thanks, Krileon. I think it works now, though the messaging is still a little unclear. E.g. after I click Block Account, I'm taken to the home page with no message. Better UX would be to provide a message what action was completed.

Please mark as resolved for now, and I'll reopen this if I have additional feedback.

Thanks!

• krileon
  • krileon
4 years 5 months ago #318218 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic User block not working

Better UX would be to provide a message what action was completed.

It does provide a message via Joomla message queue. Your template likely isn't outputting the message queue for whatever reason. Retrying with Joomla protostar template and you should see the message. The message queue is output by the <jdoc:include type="message" /> block in your templates index file. If that's missing I highly suggest contacting the template developer as no template should be missing message queue output.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon