Skip to Content Skip to Menu

GroupJive - Two Font Awesome missing cause by my template

• Julien04
  • Julien04
4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 6 months ago #318012 by Julien04
Hi,

I have two Font Awesome missing : Pencil and Trash

All others fa work well.

I have clear cache brwser (Alt +F5), clear joomla cache.

I have test with Protostar template and fa work.

I use Helix Ultimate Template.

Could send me a custom css to add in my template please ?

I have no idea how touch fa..

Thanks by advance,

Julien
Last edit: 4 years 6 months ago by Julien04.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
4 years 6 months ago #318019 by krileon
CB GroupJive doesn't load Font Awesome. That's a part of core CB. Did you turn off CBs Font Awesome within CB > Configuration > Integrations? Your issue could be due to a conflict between Font Awesome v4 and Font Awesome v5 if your Joomla template is loading v5. If it is you'll need to turn off CBs Font Awesome then be sure your Joomla template is loading the backwards compatibility shim so v4 icons still work.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Julien04

• Julien04
  • Julien04
4 years 5 months ago #318040 by Julien04
Thanks for your reply.

Indeed there is a conflicting link with version 4 and 5 of F-A, my template and CB.

F-A is activated in the configuration of CB. When I deactivate the F-A, all the F-A from CB and the template (Menu) no longer works.

I had already noticed a conflict some time ago when I displayed a CB module in the top menu position, the FAs in the drop-down menus were displayed well and when I deactivated the CB module, the FAs no longer loaded. .

I will look at the configuration of the template immediately, there may be the solution in it.

Another possible route:

I thought about the last update of the Ultimate Helix template of January 21.

They have switched their system to the new version 5 but have created compatibility with version 4. Everything seems OK level index.php and css of the template. They created an independent shims file to always make version 4 of F-A compatible.

In my situation, there is only 2 F-A which is not displayed, the trash-o and the pencil.

I read on a forum post of the Joomshaper site an admin saying that some F-A of version 4 have been permanently deleted.

I'm looking to integrate just these two, even if I can't find the solution in the template configuration.

• Julien04
  • Julien04
4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #318047 by Julien04
I have found !!!

It has no relation to FontAwesome 4.7 from CB.

The problem came from the CSS coding of files in the Joomshaper Helix Ultimate template.

There is a Unicode code call error. Maybe Font-Awasome changed them and Jommshaper didn't update them.

Regardless, here's the solution if it happens to you:

Go to the directory of your template Helix Ultimate - file

fa-v4-shims.css

Search

.fa.fa-pencil:before and modify the unicode with f040

.fa.fa-trash-o:before and modify the unicode with f014

font-awesome.min.css

We also find .fa-pencil:before in this Css file. Update the unicode.

There is no trash-o in it.

Empty your caches and plugin caches and we're good :)

Thank you for having me on the Kyle track! I had absolutely no idea how F-A works!

I could understand that CB uses F-A 4.7 and will not or will not use F-A until you have reviewed a whole set, bootstrap and companies.

Is it still current? Do you have this project in progress?

Thank you !
Last edit: 4 years 5 months ago by Julien04.

• krileon
  • krileon
4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #318051 by krileon
Font Awesome 4 and 5 are not compatible. If you are going to use Font Awesome 5 you also have to load its backwards compatible shim or Font Awesome 4 icons in CB won't display with Font Awesome 5 CSS. It still may not work in some cases where the CSS is directly outputting an icon using "context". Once that's done you need to turn off Font Awesome 4 in CB. Beyond that there's nothing more I can suggest as we don't use Font Awesome 5.

We will likely be dropping Font Awesome entirely when Bootstrap 5 releases and switch to Bootstrap Icons. Font Awesome 5 was and is a backwards compatibility nightmare and has been so over commercialized we can't even really utilize it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 4 years 5 months ago by krileon.

• Julien04
  • Julien04
4 years 5 months ago #318054 by Julien04
Ok thank you for this info! The Css uses "context" that's why, I understand better ..

It's a transition to do step by step, we can still tinker so that it works the time of .. This is essential :)

All this remains very fluid anyway!

Good evening,

Julien

Moderators: beatnantkrileon