Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[#7985] Many display problems (backend + frontend) after installing cb activity + gj

• phcprod
  • phcprod
4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #318232 by phcprod
I just installed cb activity and cb groupjive (full package of gj).

A) cb Activity
The photos are not displayed on the activity wall and after editing a publication a code page is displayed instead of the template
(See screenshot "capture 1 & 2")

B) cb Groupjive
The photos are not displayed in the frontend after registration (or editing) even though they are well saved in the database and in the server directories. (screenshot "capture 3 & 4")
In edit mode in the frontend the photo is displayed correctly (screenshot "capture 5").
Portrait and canvas photos are saved and displayed correctly.

C) cb gallery: in the backend (media menu) the photos are no longer displayed (screenshot "capture 6")

CB configuration: image processing: auto

A solution to solve?
Best regards
Last edit: 4 years 5 months ago by krileon. Reason: Added [#7985] tag to subject

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
4 years 5 months ago #318246 by krileon
Please ensure everything installed is completely up to date.

A) cb Activity
The photos are not displayed on the activity wall

Please ensure CB Gallery is up to date. There was a bug regarding the custom Uploads folder that has since been fixed, but that should've caused the activity entries to be completely suppressed.

after editing a publication a code page is displayed instead of the template
(See screenshot "capture 1 & 2")

This only happens if the JS fails. That shouldn't be happening unless something installed is causing a fatal JS error on the page.

C) cb gallery: in the backend (media menu) the photos are no longer displayed (screenshot "capture 6")

That looks like your thumbnail images are missing somehow. In Capture 4 you're showing CB GroupJive Photos folder. That's not where CB Gallery media is stored. You need to check the below folder.

/images/comprofiler/plug_cbgallery/USER_ID/photos

I can't see how any of your issues would be caused by simply installing CB Activity and CB GroupJive though. Are you using custom templates for any plugins? If so edit the plugins and under Parameters set their templates back to default.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• phcprod
  • phcprod
4 years 5 months ago #318250 by phcprod
Thanks for your rapid reply :)

All activity and groupjive plugins were installed 48 hr ago.
I downloaded everything again from your site and reinstalled everything. (capture 7).
I did a new test in groupjive:
- upload a new photo -> everything is going well
- display of the GJ gallery and the wall: the photo does not appear (broken link) (see capture 8)
- edit the photo: the photo is displayed for editing (see capture 9)
- the photo is also not displayed in cb activity (see capture 10)
The original photo and the thumbnail are well saved in images/comprofiler/cbgroupjivephoto/1/1/ ...
I have no template dedicated to a plugin.

Attachments:

• krileon
  • krileon
4 years 5 months ago #318252 by krileon
Strange, works perfectly fine in my tests as well as on our demo site below.

demo.cbdemosites.com/demos/cb-groupjive/all-categories/1-community-builder-add-ons/5-cb-activity

Maybe a filename issue present. Compare the filenames of your files in /images/comprofiler/cbgroupjivephoto/1/1 with those stored in the _groupjive_plugin_photo database table. Specifically the "image" column points to the stored filename while the "filename" column is just the user readable name. There should be 2 files per upload 1 will match "image" exactly and the other will be "image" value prefixed with "tn", which is the thumbnail. Based off your issue shown above the thumbnail is not working.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• phcprod
  • phcprod
4 years 5 months ago #318260 by phcprod
Hello,
Thanks for your help.
Indeed only one recording is made in _groupjive_plugin_photo database table, it misses the recording of the thumbnail (tn ...) (see capture 11)
Both files are saved on the server in the directory ../ images / comprofiler / cbgroupjivephoto / .... (original + tn)
Attachments:

• krileon
  • krileon
4 years 5 months ago #318272 by krileon
The thumbnail filename isn't stored in the database. It just prefixes "tn" to the value of "image". You need to verify the filename shown in the "image" column exists in addition to the file with the same name prefixed with "tn" as that's the thumbnail. You said both exist however so I'm not sure what more to suggest as it should be working fine in that case. Please PM backend super administrator login credentials and will take a look as something is blocking access to it for some reason.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon