Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Blogs

• Boatswama
  • Boatswama
4 years 5 months ago #318337 by Boatswama
Blogs was created by Boatswama
I am wanting to have a page or menu item that takes members to blogs, Blogs are in our profile pages, so when they create a blog others can read it. There are six user groups so if you are in the Navy group and post, it will post there and not in the Army or Air Force

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
4 years 5 months ago #318357 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Blogs
There's no blogs pages beyond the page to directly view, create, or edit a blog. For list of posts there's only the profile tab accessible from their profile. This assumes you're using the Internal modal for CB Blogs. If you have it set to store blogs into Joomla you can use normal Joomla content menu items to link to blogs.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• Boatswama
  • Boatswama
4 years 5 months ago #318360 by Boatswama
Replied by Boatswama on topic Blogs
I do not think I explain well

I know all members can create Blogs, if you look at the menu, I would like a User's Blog that when cllicked, it will go to a single page. On that page I would like users to see all blog post, from all post.

I would like the same for Users Articles

In the User Profile in the nested menu, there is only blog, not an article

Thanks
Michael
Attachments:

• krileon
  • krileon
4 years 5 months ago #318364 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Blogs

I know all members can create Blogs, if you look at the menu, I would like a User's Blog that when cllicked, it will go to a single page. On that page I would like users to see all blog post, from all post.

That's not possible if you are using the Internal modal in CB Blogs. You need to change it to use Joomla modal so it stores blogs to Joomla content component. You can then use Joomla content menu items for an overview of blogs.

I would like the same for Users Articles

CB doesn't store articles so you should be able to just create a Joomla content menu item for that.

In the User Profile in the nested menu, there is only blog, not an article

CB Blogs doesn't show general articles. CB Articles does that with its Articles tab and it only shows articles that were created by the profile owner.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon