Skip to Content Skip to Menu

User imports not working

• webtomix
  • webtomix
4 years 3 months ago - 4 years 3 months ago #319546 by webtomix
User imports not working was created by webtomix
I have been trying to import a file of users from an example that I exported. It only gives me an error.

This message contains confidential information
Last edit: 4 years 3 months ago by beat. Reason: Made attachment confidential

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• beat
  • beat
4 years 3 months ago #319548 by beat
Replied by beat on topic User imports not working
Please do not post private user information on public forums, unless it has been anonymized. I have enclosed your attachment into confidential forum brackets so that only you and moderators have access to it.

What exact error are you seeing reported when you try importing ?

(please always give exact error messages when reporting errors, it helps helping you www.joomlapolis.com/help-us-help-you ).

Unless having all fields from your installation configured in my test-install in the same way, I can't import your file as is.

I re-tested the feature, and I could export and re-import users from my test-installation and on our demo-site without issues (I had to change usernames and emails as usernames and emails must be unique in Joomla).

What error are you seeing ?

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

• webtomix
  • webtomix
4 years 3 months ago #319550 by webtomix
Replied by webtomix on topic User imports not working
Sorry for putting the file in on the forum. This is the error I get when importing the list.

This page isn’t workingmnaged.org is currently unable to handle this request.
HTTP ERROR 500

• beat
  • beat
4 years 3 months ago #319551 by beat
Replied by beat on topic User imports not working
Check Web-server error_log on your hosting for error details, probably PHP memory is insufficient or something similar.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

• krileon
  • krileon
4 years 3 months ago #319578 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic User imports not working
You're trying to import over 400 users at once. Your host is likely to crash and run out of memory doing that. The import/export is not a backup or migration feature. It is not meant for mass-scale import/exporting and is why it requires selection of users during export. You'll likely need to import in batches of 50-100 users, maybe more, depending on your host.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon