Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Userlist All user groups

• HogeRaad
  • HogeRaad
4 years 3 months ago - 4 years 3 months ago #319652 by HogeRaad
Userlist All user groups was created by HogeRaad
situation
I use user lists to show everyone from the departments. for each department i filter on a custom field.
Some employees has some extra rights on the joomla website so the are in different groups.

Problem
If i create a new user group for some new functionality on the site i would have to edit every userlist to add the new user group to the list.
As a work around i add everyone to the 'registered' group, but the maintenance of a bit more tricky with the SAML SSO with group mapping that i use.

question
is there a option add all usergroups/ ignore usergroups?
Yes i now you can select multiple groups, but new created groups won`t be selected.
Last edit: 4 years 3 months ago by HogeRaad.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
4 years 3 months ago #319662 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Userlist All user groups

As a work around i add everyone to the 'registered' group, but the maintenance of a bit more tricky with the SAML SSO with group mapping that i use.

At this time that would be the easiest way to handle this. No idea what SAML SSO is though. Maybe try contacting the developer to see if there's a solution to the maintenance issue using it.

Not at this time, but it maybe improved later in the future for something like "All Registered Users". For now you'd have to edit the userlist and select your new usergroup anytime you added a new usergroup.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• HogeRaad
  • HogeRaad
4 years 2 months ago #320049 by HogeRaad
Replied by HogeRaad on topic Userlist All user groups

krileon wrote:

Not at this time, but it maybe improved later in the future for something like "All Registered Users". For now you'd have to edit the userlist and select your new usergroup anytime you added a new usergroup.

Sorry little late. but for improvement: I think the group selection should be on the ' filters' tab because that is the basicly only thing what it does.

• krileon
  • krileon
4 years 2 months ago #320053 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Userlist All user groups

I think the group selection should be on the ' filters' tab because that is the basicly only thing what it does.

It would make an easy configuration for the majority of users into a more complicated one moving it to a filter and you can't combine basic filters with advanced filters making it an even bigger issue. We'll be improving all of this in the eventual rewrite of userlists where we can restructure a lot of the filtering and improve the UX further.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon