Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Changing Sender in Registration emails

• wilburg
  • wilburg
4 years 2 months ago #319956 by wilburg
When CB sends out an email message from within its new user registration feature, the sender is always listed at "Root User". How may I change that?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
4 years 2 months ago #319963 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Changing Sender in Registration emails
You can change the Registration Email Name, Registration Email Address, and Registration Reply-To Email Address within CB > Configuration > Registration otherwise it will use whatever you've set in Joomlas global configuration mailer settings.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• wilburg
  • wilburg
4 years 2 months ago #319965 by wilburg
Replied by wilburg on topic Changing Sender in Registration emails
This doesn't seem to work. The first attachment shows the "Community Builder: Registration" page, the second shows the global mail settings, and the third shows a confirmation email sent by the registration process.

The From field in that message is root@localhost, where it should be otherwise

• krileon
  • krileon
4 years 2 months ago #319966 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Changing Sender in Registration emails
"Root User" is being displayed because that's what you saved that contact as in your contacts. Check the raw email header to review the actual from name and address. "Registration Email Address" and "Registration Reply-To Email Address" also should not be a comma separated list of addresses. Only a single address is supported in those parameters.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon