Skip to Content Skip to Menu

General comment about cb_gallery

4 years 2 months ago #320006 by
Hello,

about the plugin "cb_gallery".

I use this plugin several times on my page:
- As a module (show only the last 6 user photos) into a side menu without pagination etc.
- As a menu item (show the last 20 user photos with pagination)
- In every profile as a gallery tab with pagination

I've been trying to configure the gallery for a few months now, but I just don't succeed because there are too many settings to consider.

For example, if I change the number of photos to be displayed in one area, this also affects other views.

If I completely deactivate parts of the plugin (albums), then they still appeared in the overview, but if i try to open it, i don't have permission to see it.

When you call up the gallery (page 1) everything is fine, but if you click on page 2 just a mess is displayed, which no longer makes any sense.

I would like modules that are easy to configure, such as "Show the last xx user photos" or a menu link such as "Show the last 20 user photos" without having to consider hundreds of different settings each time.

The "cb_gallery" plugin currently appears to be faulty and very complicated to use.

Greetings
Joerg

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
4 years 2 months ago #320015 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic General comment about cb_gallery
The global parameters in CB Gallery > Parameters impact every gallery. From there individual galleries simply override the globals. By default they'll all just be using global parameters. Some exceptions apply like parameter inheritance from profile galleries. Trying to display a profile gallery outside of the profile in a module for example will use the following parameter inheritance.

Module > Gallery Tab > Global

So in this case the module will fallback to the parameters of the gallery tab when trying to display a profile gallery outside of profile to ensure the two galleries features are consistent. You can of course override this from the module.

I would like modules that are easy to configure, such as "Show the last xx user photos" or a menu link such as "Show the last 20 user photos" without having to consider hundreds of different settings each time.

Simple display modes will be considered once centralized gallery management is implemented. However please keep in mind CB Gallery is not just a simple basic profile gallery. It allows for the creation of unlimited independent galleries. It can be used for a generic site gallery, it's used for per-group CB GroupJive galleries, you can use it for Joomla per-article galleries, it's of course used for profile galleries, etc..

The parameters being all over the place is a known UX concern that will be addressed in a later rewrite where all gallery parameter configurations will be centralized under a single gallery management page. For now though the parameters are wherever the gallery is implemented (e.g. module, tab, field, etc..).

When you call up the gallery (page 1) everything is fine, but if you click on page 2 just a mess is displayed, which no longer makes any sense.

Don't understand what you mean by a mess is displayed. Can you be more specific?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #320092 by
Replied by on topic General comment about cb_gallery
Hello,

i mean the pagination.

If i click to my menue link "gallery" to show the latest xx userphotos on the main page, then i can see the last xx userphotos.
That is working fine.
If i click at the pagination to page 2, then the user albums appears at the top then a pagination and under it the next xx userphotos with a new pagination.
Completly confused, because i set the albums to "Disabled" at this menue link....

And another question:
If i open a user profile and i see a photo album with content and i click on it, then i only can see "Not authorized"...
The album don't show me the content.
I can't see it as Admin???

I logged in with another username and i tried to open my own album and i saw the same "Not authorized".

I don't understand this many ways to configure the gallery and on my page it don't works as i want.
I can see albums neverless i set it on "disabled", i can't open albums because i am not authorized to do it...
Unfortunately I only have a single mess with the gallery configurations and the result.

Greetings
Joerg.
Last edit: 4 years 2 months ago by .

• krileon
  • krileon
4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #320104 by krileon

Completly confused, because i set the albums to "Disabled" at this menue link....

If your menu is displaying a profile gallery it will use the parameters of the gallery tab. If you don't want albums for profile galleries you need to disable that at the profile gallery level, which is configured in the Gallery tab in CB > Tab Management. Aside from that I don't understand your issue as menu galleries appear to be working fine in my tests. You'd need to completely describe your gallery setup (e.g. are you using a custom asset on the menu gallery or just rendering profile galleries?).

If i open a user profile and i see a photo album with content and i click on it, then i only can see "Not authorized"...
The album don't show me the content.
I can't see it as Admin???

It only displays that if albums are turned off, but you shouldn't see the album at all. Is the album you're seeing one that was created by the user or is it the "Uploads" album, which is generated for CB Activity media uploads? Have you tried turning albums off globally within CB Gallery > Parameters > Albums?

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 4 years 1 month ago by krileon.

4 years 1 month ago #320109 by
Replied by on topic General comment about cb_gallery
Hello,

the most user-albums are called "Uploads".

My album settings into the cb_gallery plugin:

- Albums: Enable

- Create: Enable
- Access: Registered
- Limit: Custom
- Custom Limit: 10
- Approval: Disable
- Notify: Diable
- Captcha: Disable

- Paging: Enable
- Limit: (empty)
- Search: Enable
- Order by: Date DESC

- Paging: Enable
- Limit: (empty)
- Search: Enable
- Order by: Date DESC

Greetings
Joerg

• krileon
  • krileon
4 years 1 month ago #320112 by krileon

the most user-albums are called "Uploads".

Uploads is the album that CB Activity places its uploads into.

My album settings into the cb_gallery plugin:

- Albums: Enable

Set "Albums" to "Disabled" if you don't want albums. It sounds like you turned albums off in your Joomla menu item and you're running into the below parameter inheritance like I described above.

Menu > Gallery Tab > Global

Once you navigate into an album the Itemid is being used to pull the menu parameters where you've turned off albums. So you've an inconsistency with your parameters for profile galleries, which as explained above is tricky as we don't want external access to profile galleries to circumvent profile gallery parameters.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon