Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Group-Jive limit

• dbeezley
  • dbeezley
4 years 2 months ago #320051 by dbeezley
Group-Jive limit was created by dbeezley
I just noticed that one can set a limit on the number of Group-Jive groups a person can form. Can that be set to zero? Can the create group function be controlled by user permission?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Julien04
  • Julien04
4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #320052 by Julien04
Replied by Julien04 on topic Group-Jive limit
Yes you can !

I am currently configuring this.

Go to the GJ Plugin settings> Groups> General

You will find the options to manage the number of groups possible to create per user, their level of access to have the right to create.

You can set 0 = illimited

Also look in the settings of the GJ categories you created. It is possible to create by access level and allow access by access level.
Last edit: 4 years 2 months ago by Julien04.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

• dbeezley
  • dbeezley
4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #320062 by dbeezley
Replied by dbeezley on topic Group-Jive limit
GREAT! Thanks. I liked GJ but I needed specific groups determined by admin. I was afraid of group creation confusing the organizational plan.

This makes me wish even more that I was more successful in setting up CB. I've struggled with it but have pretty much given up because I just can't wrap my brain around it. I'm sure I could maintain a system. Actually, I could make use of it as it is but I can't shape it to my needs.

I've been continuing my paid Pro membership for years to keep it updated and hoping I'll have a breakthrough. I've looked at hiring a Joomla person but I get flooded with offers from other countries where I can't begin to communicate my needs. I had a friend who had a friend who "might" be able to do it, but no dice. I'm sure I could find someone where the cost would be in the thousands of dollars.

I now see your "Installation Services". Maybe what I need would be more than I could expect. Would it be too "dickish" to sign up, check out the possibilities, then back out while I gather my "troops" to prepare to do something?

d
Last edit: 4 years 2 months ago by dbeezley. Reason: grammar

• krileon
  • krileon
4 years 2 months ago #320069 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Group-Jive limit
Truthfully we've never really catered to clients here at Joomlapolis. Our product aim has always been at web designers and developers whom have clients. It's relatively new for us to be providing for clients directly so a lot of configuration could be quite overwhelming. We'll be addressing this with CB 3.0 and future releases as we've plans to basically redesign everything to be easier to use for everyone involved.

Our biggest problem is we want to have highly customize-able modular social platform, but that also means a lot of configuration which brings us back to the complexity issue. We've floated the idea of 2 different configuration modes, Basic and Advanced, for backend to ease the process. We've got a lot to think about in this regard still, but just know that we are committed to trying to improve things.

This makes me wish even more that I was more successful in setting up CB. I've struggled with it but have pretty much given up because I just can't wrap my brain around it. I'm sure I could maintain a system. Actually, I could make use of it as it is but I can't shape it to my needs.

Have you considered using CB Quickstart which pre-configures a basic social network site for you? It of course can't cover advanced configurations, but is a really good starting point for a lot of people.

I've been continuing my paid Pro membership for years to keep it updated and hoping I'll have a breakthrough. I've looked at hiring a Joomla person but I get flooded with offers from other countries where I can't begin to communicate my needs. I had a friend who had a friend who "might" be able to do it, but no dice. I'm sure I could find someone where the cost would be in the thousands of dollars.

I can only recommend those we've personally worked with. The only web designer we've worked with is Jacob. He has extensive Joomla experience, but I don't know the extent of his CB experience. You can reach him below if you want to reach out and see if maybe they can be of help.

www.idlwebinc.com/

I now see your "Installation Services". Maybe what I need would be more than I could expect.

Our installation services don't cover advanced configuration. It'll cover some basic configurations though.

Would it be too "dickish" to sign up, check out the possibilities, then back out while I gather my "troops" to prepare to do something?

You mean sign up for installation services then back out of what you're wanting isn't doable? It's fine to withdraw from services if you like as all purchases come with a 30 day money back guarantee.

www.joomlapolis.com/warranty

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• dbeezley
  • dbeezley
4 years 2 months ago #320071 by dbeezley
Replied by dbeezley on topic Group-Jive limit
Thank you so much for your helpful responses. I understand that you need to set clear limits on what is possible and that you are always working to improve. I know you have a fine product and that's why I don't give up on it. I look forward to the new 3.0. Is that in conjunction with Joomla 4?

• krileon
  • krileon
4 years 2 months ago #320075 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Group-Jive limit

Is that in conjunction with Joomla 4?

No, Joomla 4 support will be done (and already is 90% done) before CB 3.0. We've got awhile before we get to CB 3.0 unfortunately. It's basically a rewrite of the majority of core CB.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon