Skip to Content Skip to Menu

terms and conditions

• AlecsRU
  • AlecsRU
4 years 2 months ago #320095 by AlecsRU
terms and conditions was created by AlecsRU
Please add the terms and conditions field to the progress type. Users do not notice terms and conditions field and skip it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
4 years 1 month ago #320103 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic terms and conditions
CB Progress Field can already track progress of terms and conditions fields. CB Progress Field is not dynamic. It does not track progress while you're live editing profile or registering. It's only ever calculated on display. I don't know what this would have to do with your issue though.

Terms and Conditions fields that are mandatory should be marked required. You can use the layout parameters to customize the fields display further if it needs more visibility or separate it from other fields using Custom HTML fields before/after it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• AlecsRU
  • AlecsRU
4 years 1 month ago #320132 by AlecsRU
Replied by AlecsRU on topic terms and conditions
I have a complex system. There is a General registration, and there is a registration for a separate site service. This additional registration has its own terms and conditions. I can't make this field mandatory, because not all users need this service. And the progress field doesn't display additional terms and conditions.

Users submit documents to get access to the additional service. All fields are displayed in the progress field, but terms and conditions are not displayed. In the list of displayed fields, terms and conditions is specified. The plugin has been updated.

• krileon
  • krileon
4 years 1 month ago #320141 by krileon
You should be able to make the terms and conditions field required then use CB Conditional to hide it when it's not needed. If your additional service depends on another field that's what you could condition off of for example. I'm not having any issues with my progress field tracking the terms and conditions field in my tests. It checks that the field is accessible to profile edit and if it isn't it won't track its progress.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• AlecsRU
  • AlecsRU
4 years 1 month ago #320148 by AlecsRU
Replied by AlecsRU on topic terms and conditions
One terms and conditions field is used for registration. It's mandatory. After registration, some users decide to access one of the site's services. In the personal account, they enter data in a separate tab. In this tab, you should mark the second terms and conditions field with the service offer agreement. The second terms and conditions field should be mandatory, but I can't do it. In this case, the user will not be able to save other data, because not everyone needs this service.

I made a different design of my personal account, but the site has 1.5 million users and the number of errors in the terms and conditions field is high. They do not see in the progress field that they missed the terms and conditions field, and write to tech support that there is no access to the service. This is a big waste of time.

I plan to continue creating separate services that will have their own offers, require data entry, and provide auto actions with a new level of access to content. But for this purpose the terms and conditions field

• krileon
  • krileon
4 years 1 month ago #320150 by krileon
CB Progress Field checks edit permissions for a field before tracking its progress. If it's not editable at the time of progress calculation (on display) it won't track its progress as it's pointless for it to track progress of something they can't edit. I've verified this works fine with core terms and conditions field in addition to a custom terms and conditions field below.

My guess is you've a permissions problem somewhere causing CB Progress Field to be unable to verify the field is editable.

After registration, some users decide to access one of the site's services. In the personal account, they enter data in a separate tab. In this tab, you should mark the second terms and conditions field with the service offer agreement.

In your other tab I recommend conditioning the terms and conditions field to show after they've entered that other data then mark the terms and conditions field as required. This should satisfy your needs and avoid users missing it. It sounds like you're doing this in reverse where they agree to the terms then enter the data.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon