Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB Auto Welcome

• trlbldr
  • trlbldr
4 years 1 month ago #320186 by trlbldr
CB Auto Welcome was created by trlbldr
Can you use HTML code in EMAIL Welcome Body block?

Don White

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
4 years 1 month ago #320188 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Auto Welcome
No, it sends the email with a $mode of 0 so it's plaintext. There's not a lot of reason to use its welcome email function though since the welcome email in CB > Configuration > Registration covers that fine. Typically usage of the plugin is to send a private message or establish an automatic connection with someone.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• trlbldr
  • trlbldr
4 years 1 month ago #320190 by trlbldr
Replied by trlbldr on topic CB Auto Welcome
Thank you for your prompt response.

However, it's dismissive and somewhat arrogant to assert: "There's not a lot of reason to use its welcome email function". If I had no use for the function, I would not have asked the question.

We use the Auto Welcome function to send to newly subscribed website users information helping them use the website, which is for and about Navy veterans. We do not use the PM function; it's redundant for 1800 account holders who use their own email accounts or who occasionally contact former shipmates through the Members lists.

Still, thanks.

Don White

Don White

• krileon
  • krileon
4 years 1 month ago #320205 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Auto Welcome
It causes 2 welcome emails to be sent. The one from CB > Configuration > Registration then the one from CB Auto Welcome. I suggest placing that information in the welcome email within CB > Configuration > Registration. I warn users of this because it's an easy way to get your domain blacklisted by major email providers as they might consider you spam and if GMail blacklists your domain it is a nightmare trying to get off that blacklist. I apologize if my response came off as dismissive or arrogant as that certainly was not my intention.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon