Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Registration Glitch

3 years 11 months ago #321257 by jhenderson
Registration Glitch was created by jhenderson
I updated to the latest version this week, and broke something. I think that it has to do with the Params field, that it was set as Required, but not displayed on the registration screen. Now, when users log in they are automatically take to the Edit Profile screen. Some required fields are blank and not editable, even though they should be. User can accept privacy, but since they can't edit the required fields, they can't get past the Edit Profile screen.

Is there something can do to fix this, other than delete their profile and re-register?

I've attached images of the screen with problems, and also of what it looks like for users who signed up while this problem was happening and for users who signed up before.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 11 months ago #321258 by jhenderson
Replied by jhenderson on topic Registration Glitch
I just realized that the glitchy edit profile is Joomla Core and not the CB profile edit, even though the registration form they used is the CB version.

• krileon
  • krileon
3 years 11 months ago #321260 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Registration Glitch
Turn off Joomlas privacy policy plugin in Extensions > Plugins then edit CBs system plugin on that same page and turn on Verify Consent. That is CBs form of privacy policy which will cause terms and conditions fields that are marked required and available in profile edit to require to be accepted. Alternative if you want to use Joomlas privacy policy plugin is remove any unnecessary fields from Joomlas profile.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon