Skip to Content Skip to Menu

The Enter button does not work on Comments

• timstohr
  • timstohr
3 years 11 months ago #321259 by timstohr
Hi Kyle,
The ENTER (return) button does not translate when using it in the comments of CB Activity.
It works in the activities but not in the comments.

It shows up in the input box but when you press on POST, it simply takes out the ENTER button.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
3 years 11 months ago #321261 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic The Enter button does not work on Comments
Pressing enter/return does not submit the form. It's a textarea input so pressing enter/return will insert a linebreak. You need to click Post if you want to submit the form.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• timstohr
  • timstohr
3 years 11 months ago #321263 by timstohr
Replied by timstohr on topic The Enter button does not work on Comments
Hi sure,
I know that very well.
When I write stuff in activity which ahs a line break, it comes out normal.

When I write stuff in comment which has a line break then it removes all the line breaks.

In the above example, I have used EXACTLY the same text (including the line breaks). I have done it on your demo site (so it is repeatable.).

• krileon
  • krileon
3 years 11 months ago #321266 by krileon
Linebreaks are removed from comments by design. The linebreaks will store as this is going to be an option in a later release to allow linebreaks. Since linebreaks are removed at time of display you can override this functionality in the template files directly. Specifically in the below file if you don't want to wait for the feature that will allow toggling this off/on.

/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbactivity/templates/default/comments/container.php

Specifically it's ->parse( array( 'linebreaks' ) ) usage. Change that to ->parse() to prevent it from ignoring linebreaks.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• timstohr
  • timstohr
3 years 11 months ago #321272 by timstohr
Replied by timstohr on topic The Enter button does not work on Comments
Works perfectly. I have created an override template in CB Activity for it.

Could you please let me know (with a link to the forge) when it is going to be implemented? Then I can take out the override if necessary.

Thanks!

• krileon
  • krileon
3 years 11 months ago #321276 by krileon
Feature ticket can be found below.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/8037

New parameters won't be added until Streams are moved to storage. Currently they're generated on display. They'll be moved to be stored in the database, which then will give a central location for managing them so it won't be such a pain hunting down parameters across multiple locations. This will also allow the stored stream id to pass between page loads better instead of through Joomla session. A lot of awesome things will come from this change, but I don't have a timeframe yet as we're trying to improve core CB.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon