Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Problem with creating new Notes stream in groups

• timstohr
  • timstohr
3 years 11 months ago #321356 by timstohr
Hi Kyle, I am having problems creating an Own notes stream in groups. Basically I want this stream to be only visible for each user (which works fine the way I have set it up apparently) BUT it does not appear in all the groups but only in some random ones.

The use case is that each person in a group can make their own notes in that stream that nobody else can see.

Could you have a look at what is happening? I have attached the screenshots of the auto action below:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
3 years 11 months ago #321359 by krileon
Only reason its display would be blocked is probably due to your condition unless you've create access permission issues (check the Create tab and if it's using global check CB Activity > Parameters). It won't show the stream in unpublished groups.

If you also have the "CB Groupjive - Stream" system action still published you might have a display conflict. Be sure in your copy you made the tab rendering unique to your stream under the Output tab of your auto action. It should already have the following.

Code:
return array( 'id' => 'activity', 'title' => \CBLib\Language\CBTxt::T( 'Activity' ), 'content' => $content );

Adjust it to something like the below.

Code:
return array( 'id' => 'notes', 'title' => \CBLib\Language\CBTxt::T( 'Notes' ), 'content' => $content );

Also since these are tied to groups I suggest having a CB GroupJive based asset. Specifically the below should work.

groupjive.group.[var2_id].notes.[user_id]

I recommend using a Comment stream instead of an Activity stream though as the Recent Activity page (all activity) and profile activity stream would both end up rendering your notes activity.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• timstohr
  • timstohr
3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #321363 by timstohr
Hi
That worked amazing! (and I am an idiot, I should have noticed that the 'id' => 'activity' would have caused the problems.

I have decided to continue using the different asset (groupnotices.[var2_id].[user_id]) because I do not want it to appear on the group stream (it is that persons own private notes).

Now, I want to show the -> Own notes [groupname] next to the activity author (like in screenshot below). How can I do that easily?

EDIT: I have found out what I wanted and that is to be able to add a title (at least) in the Activity ie everytime something gets posted in the own notes, it should have "has created an entry into his own notes in [groupname]"

Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by timstohr.

• krileon
  • krileon
3 years 11 months ago #321364 by krileon

I have decided to continue using the different asset (groupnotices.[var2_id].[user_id]) because I do not want it to appear on the group stream (it is that persons own private notes).

I suppose you could make a copy of the "CB Groupjive - Stream" system action then adjust Asset to remove the wildcard usage. Specifically "groupjive.group.[var2_id].%" is the wildcard usage. If you've other activity like CB Gallery posts and such that you do want displayed you'd just need to make Asset more specific. There's no real easy way to do this yet since the Asset Exclude feature is not implemented yet, but it's planned.

Now, I want to show the -> Own notes [groupname] next to the activity author (like in screenshot below). How can I do that easily?

You can't without using the asset structure described above. That is added dynamically by CB GroupJive when parsing that asset structure. Only other option is to implement your own custom activity parsing behavior, which you can do from the template files. The below specifically is able to parse activity display.

/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbactivity/templates/default/core/display.php

You'll notice it checks for asset and just calls a template file based off that.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• timstohr
  • timstohr
3 years 11 months ago #321365 by timstohr
Hi Kyle, unfortunately it does not seem to work.

I have now given it the asset groupjive.group.[var2_id].notes.[user_id] (and it produced then groupjive.group.4.notes.946), however it does not show up with the group name at all as you said. I have tried every which way, it simply does not want to show the group name at all. I have even tried making it a child stream to the parent group stream. Nothing...

Are you sure it should have worked like this?

• krileon
  • krileon
3 years 11 months ago #321366 by krileon
Are you viewing the stream while in the group? It won't show the group name while you're viewing the group. It should only show it when the stream is being viewed outside of the group.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon