Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB Gallery recognises

• timstohr
  • timstohr
3 years 10 months ago #321731 by timstohr
CB Gallery recognises was created by timstohr
Hi Kyle,
When I try to upload a video in .mp4 that is only 5.9 MB then it seems to recognise it as a video and display the video. However, when I upload a file that is 35 MB big, it uploads everything correctly BUT Activity does not recognise it as a video but only as an audiofile.

I have checked in the backend and it is all fine...

Any idea what could be the cause?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
3 years 10 months ago #321744 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Gallery recognises
What extension is used for the 35mb file? mp3 for audio and mp4 for video. Shouldn't really matter the size. Is it showing an audio player? or a video player with no video (just black while playing audio)?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• timstohr
  • timstohr
3 years 10 months ago #321750 by timstohr
Replied by timstohr on topic CB Gallery recognises
Hi Kyle,
The easiest is if you have a look at a screen video I made.

I have posted the link to onedrive here: 1drv.ms/u/s!Ap2Qzya9x1hVj-dfJtb3O70vPhml5w?e=SeGGuJ

• krileon
  • krileon
3 years 10 months ago #321751 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Gallery recognises
It's being treated as a video fine, but isn't playable in the browser. This typically means the encoding in the video is wrong and not in a format that's playable in the browser. CB Gallery does not perform any processing on video or audio files so it is not capable of correcting encoding issues. 99% of our users don't have the server capabilities for processing video or audio, but we do plan to implement support for ffmpeg in the future to allow for this.

See the below regarding browser safe formats, encodings, and limitations.

developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/Media/Formats/Video_codecs

Note I highly recommend offloading the videos to youtube.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• timstohr
  • timstohr
3 years 10 months ago #321752 by timstohr
Replied by timstohr on topic CB Gallery recognises
OK so it is a codec issue. Got it.

If you could enable the ffmpeg that would be cool. It is the first time that I have encountered this problem, just not sure how the customers will react when they upload a video and it does not play.

But yeah, I understand that there are more pressing issues. Thanks for the explanation.

Kind regards,

Tim

Moderators: beatnantkrileon