Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB Connect avatar profile resolution: Facebook, Twitter, Google

• Compix83
  • Compix83
3 years 10 months ago #321816 by Compix83
Hi!

I'm making sure that users can authenticate to the MichaelJackson.it site through their Facebook, Twitter and Google accounts. But I ran into some problems.

The image software is ImageMagick.
In the "parameters" section of the Avatar field i set:
- Maximum image height: 320
- Maximum image width: 320
- Maximum image File Size: 4000
- Maximum thumbnail height: 70
- Maximum thumbnail width: 58
- Preserve ratio: CB normal (yes)
- Client side resizing: enabled

FACEBOOK
1. Thumbnail is very grainy/blurry
2. Image is slightly grainy/blurry: 15,2 KB compared to 16,3 KB of the same image (with the same height and width) hosted on Facebook.

TWITTER
1. Thumbnail seems very grainy/blurry
2. Image is very small. The original image hosted on Twitter is 400x400 with 18,4 KB, while the CB image is 48x48 with 878 byte.

GOOGLE
2. The image is rather grainy/blurry and his size is 100x100, while the size of the same image on the Google account (even this grainy, to tell the truth) is 140x139.

What of all this is normal and what can be solved?

Thanks,
Vincenzo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #321818 by krileon

FACEBOOK
1. Thumbnail is very grainy/blurry
2. Image is slightly grainy/blurry: 15,2 KB compared to 16,3 KB of the same image (with the same height and width) hosted on Facebook.

Full size image looks fine and is the same size as your image limits. Thumbnail looks bad because you're taking a 320x320 image and smashing it down to a 70x58. I recommend not using such a small thumbnail size or you're going to get ugly thumbnails.

TWITTER
2. Image is very small. The original image hosted on Twitter is 400x400 with 18,4 KB, while the CB image is 48x48 with 878 byte.

That's just the size they provide in their API call to account/verify_credentials. You can review the expected API results below in their documentation.

Code:
https://developer.twitter.com/en/docs/twitter-api/v1/accounts-and-users/manage-account-settings/api-reference/get-account-verify_credentials

Specifically it's from profile_image_url value. They have a new endpoint now that can get large image sizes though and have added a feature ticket to review implementing it. Specifically the below endpoint.

Code:
https://developer.twitter.com/en/docs/twitter-api/v1/data-dictionary/object-model/user

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/8283

GOOGLE
2. The image is rather grainy/blurry and his size is 100x100, while the size of the same image on the Google account (even this grainy, to tell the truth) is 140x139.

Same issue as Twitter basically. Google didn't allow retrieving a larger size, but now does. Have added feature ticket to implement retrieving a larger size.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/8284

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by krileon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Compix83

• Compix83
  • Compix83
3 years 10 months ago #321829 by Compix83
Hi krileon and thanks for the answer!

I ask you because I'm new to CB: now what happens?
Will I have to wait for a CB Connect version in which these features are implemented or could I already act on Twitter and Google apps to get them?

• krileon
  • krileon
3 years 10 months ago #321830 by krileon

Will I have to wait for a CB Connect version in which these features are implemented

Yes.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Compix83

Moderators: beatnantkrileon