Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CBSubs usecase question

• liaskas
  • liaskas
  • Add-ons
3 years 10 months ago #321817 by liaskas
CBSubs usecase question was created by liaskas
Hello

Please help us find a solution to the following situation.

3 usergroups...

1. public
2. Registered
3. Banned

We have a URL (internal) that must be visible only to registered usergroup. If someone has been assigned to Banned usergroup, he must pay a subscription plan to be able to visit this URL.

We create a plan that is visible only to banned usergoup and set "URL parts (non-SEFed)" under integrations/Extensions. So far, so good but... the plan controls access to the certain URL for Registered usergoup too and we do not want this.

When user that has "Banned" usergoup assigned tries to go to URL, he sees the plan info to pay. This is correct.

When user that has "Registered" usergoup assigned tries to go to URL, he sees the following...

Access to this location not allowed without subscription

You are not authorized to view this page!

We need to allow Registered usergoup users to visit the restricted by the plan URL!

Is there such a possibility?

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
3 years 10 months ago #321822 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CBSubs usecase question
ACL for plans just determines access to the plan. It does not prevent the plan from protecting the content it's assigned to protect. To have what you're wanting you'll need a plan for the other users that gives them access to that content as well, which could simply be a free lifetime plan.

One workaround, if you don't intended to protect content against Registered users using CBSubs Content, is to exclude Registered from CBSubs Content integration. To do this navigate to CBSubs > Settings > Integrations > Content/Extensions and add Registered to "No access restriction for Groups".

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon