Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB Activity: problem with the like extended layout for the articles

• Compix83
  • Compix83
3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #321845 by Compix83
Hi krileon.

Excuse me right now if I will often take advantage of your support in these weeks, but by the last week of December I have to put the site online and I wish everything was perfect.

Please note that, when I set the extended like layout for an article, the line of the users who have put like appears twice, divided by a "|".
The first time it appears with the simple present ("piace" = "likes") and the second with the simple past ("è piaciuto" = "liked").

You can see it in the screenshot below or directly on the website .

What can I do to solve the problem?

Thanks,
Vincenzo

Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by Compix83.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Compix83
  • Compix83
3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #321847 by Compix83
Hi, I solved the problem myself.

For Italians who have the same problem, that should be enough edit line 477 of the cbactivity-language.php file.

I don't know if krileon can confirm or not.
Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by Compix83.

• krileon
  • krileon
3 years 10 months ago #321883 by krileon
That would mean whoever translated that language line on Transifex did so incorrectly and broke the language string. You should be able to fix that with a language override. Have let Nick know so he can get in touch with whoever is translating that language for CB.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• Compix83
  • Compix83
3 years 10 months ago #321985 by Compix83
Krileon, I noticed that through the appropriate language plugin (CB> Plugin Management> it-IT) it is possible to override the main language.php but not the language files of the individual cbplugins.

For example, if I search for a string from the cbactivity-language.php file, it won't find it.

How can I override individual cbplugins?

Thanks.

• krileon
  • krileon
3 years 10 months ago #321992 by krileon
You can override any language string you want, but there's a bug in the language finder if viewing the backend in a language other than default English.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7432

It's a problem in our language loading behavior that we'll be addressing with a different API. Will see if I can implement some sort of workaround.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• Compix83
  • Compix83
3 years 9 months ago #322163 by Compix83

krileon wrote: You can override any language string you want, but there's a bug in the language finder if viewing the backend in a language other than default English.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7432

It's a problem in our language loading behavior that we'll be addressing with a different API. Will see if I can implement some sort of workaround.

Hi krileon, one question: waiting for this bug to be fixed, how can I manually override the individual cbplugins language files (for example, the cbactivity-language.php file)?

Should I manually edit the main "override.php" file (com_comprofiler > plugin > language > it-it > override.php), or do I have to create an "override.php" for each individual CBPlugin?

In the second case, what name should I give the override file of a single CBPlugin, in order to distinguish it from the override files of the other CBPlugins?

Thanks,
Vincenzo

Moderators: beatnantkrileon