Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Upgrade CB 1.1 in Joomla 1.0.15 - which CB installation package?

• seagul30
  • seagul30
3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #321862 by seagul30
Hi,
I have to upgrade an old 1.0.15 with CB 1.1 and Fireboard (already done) and PMS (open yet).

However, I did a lot of research over the last days.
My Joomla Upgrade status is: I am on 1.5.26 now on PHP 5.3, Fireboard is upgraded to Kunena. (from 1.5 I will go to J3)

I need to install CB now in J1.5.26, but I cannot find a version to install.
Which is the latest CB version I can use on Joomla 1.5.26 and PHP 5.3?
Where can I find a download?

Thanks
Seagul
Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by seagul30. Reason: added Kunena

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• seagul30
  • seagul30
3 years 10 months ago #321869 by seagul30
Ah, eventually I found a link to the download files:
forge.joomlapolis.com/projects/cb/files

• seagul30
  • seagul30
3 years 10 months ago #321870 by seagul30
But where do I get the plugins to download?
I read the README_UPGRADE.TXT
in step 2 I should make sure to have all plugins.
I think I need
  • cb.profilegallery
  • pms.mypmspro
  • cb.profilebook
Is the plugin "Profile Viewers" a default plugin? (viewers)

Thanks!

• krileon
  • krileon
3 years 10 months ago #321886 by krileon
You won't be able to download old plugins. You'll need to unpublish all non-core plugins during your migration then update them after migration. Once Joomla is last version 1.5 and CB is 1.9.1 migrate to Joomla 2.5. Next migrate to latest CB 2.x. Now you should be able to update your installed plugins.

I think I need
cb.profilegallery
pms.mypmspro
cb.profilebook
Is the plugin "Profile Viewers" a default plugin? (viewers)

pms.mypmspro is a core plugin. cb.profilegallery doesn't exist anymore and is replaced by CB Gallery. cb.profilebook is not a core plugin.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• seagul30
  • seagul30
3 years 10 months ago #321895 by seagul30
Thanks for your answer.

My idea was to go from 1.5 directly to 3.9 (via 3.x) with SP Upgrade, according to the documentation, this should work.
But you write I should go to 2.5. first - is there any reaseon for that?

cb.profilegallery doesn't exist anymore and is replaced by CB Gallery.

But can the gallery be migrated (or imported)?

• krileon
  • krileon
3 years 10 months ago #321896 by krileon

But you write I should go to 2.5. first - is there any reaseon for that?

CB 1.x isn't compatible with Joomla 3.x and CB 2.x is not compatible with Joomla 1.x. CB 1.x was at least tested on Joomla 2.x though and is why I recommend going to J2.x first. You can give it a try going straight to J3.x, but I've no idea if CB 1.x to 2.x migration will work well doing that. Suggest making a backup before doing this step, but it's probably worth a try as if it works it will save you some time.

But can the gallery be migrated (or imported)?

Yes, installing CB Gallery will migrate from old CB Profile Gallery plugin.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon