Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Is it possible to change the tab key order?

• fruition
  • fruition
3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #321936 by fruition
Hey,

On the CB Register page, when I click the "tab" key on a keyboard, the selected/focused area goes from FirstName -> LastName -> Email -> Password, which is good, but on the next tab key press rather than go to Confirm Password, it selects the show/hide password button and then goes to the Confirm Password on the next tab key press

Is there a way to manually set the tab key order of fields, so that pressing the tab button on Password goes directly to Confirm password, rather than highlighting/selecting show/hide as the next one?

I've searched a bunch but I'm getting drowned out by the other tab order - literally the order that different tabs/sections are displayed in. Here I'm referring to the order when you press the tab key

Thanks

EDIT:

Additionally, on the register page, is there a way to customise the "Sign Up" button? It uses the btn-primary class, but it does not use the same primary button colour set in joomla for other pages. This means the sign up button is inconsistent with the rest of the site, is there any way to change it's primary colour?
Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by fruition. Reason: Another question (semi related)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
3 years 10 months ago #321961 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Is it possible to change the tab key order?

Is there a way to manually set the tab key order of fields, so that pressing the tab button on Password goes directly to Confirm password, rather than highlighting/selecting show/hide as the next one?

No. I don't recommend even having a confirm password input with the unmasking feature. The unmasking feature is a replacement for old confirm password behavior.

Additionally, on the register page, is there a way to customise the "Sign Up" button? It uses the btn-primary class, but it does not use the same primary button colour set in joomla for other pages. This means the sign up button is inconsistent with the rest of the site, is there any way to change it's primary colour?

Joomla uses Bootstrap 2. We use Bootstrap 4 so no they do not share the same CSS or colors. You can generate a custom CB template with whatever colors you like using CB Template Changer and its built in Template Builder functionality. Your alternative is to restyle it yourself with custom CSS.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon