Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Hiring help with setting up CB components on my website

• dbeezley
  • dbeezley
3 years 10 months ago #321949 by dbeezley
I've been at this for years, trying to get CB to work the way I need it. I've been a Pro subscription most of that time. A few years ago, I set up a system that kinda worked but it was clunky and hard to fix. Besides that, it appears that over that time, the CB product has grown and improved, but also more complicated in terms of the many possibilities.

I've never been really good at website work. As I'm getting older, my mental acuity is weakening. At the same time, my need for this website to work is very important to me... a legacy to leave behind when I'm gone. It is a genealogy product, a worldwide study of one surname.

I've looked for help before but I find people with more skills than I need and no experience with what I do need. I don't need programming. I don't need the development of tools. I need someone who knows how to use CB. I need help setting up the existing CB tools to accomplish what I need.

I know I will need to pay and I'm willing to do so. If I can afford it, I will pay it myself. If it is too much for me, I will do fundraising. But I need a goal. I need someone who is willing to look at my specifications and give me a general scale of what it might take. Can you tell me how to find someone who might be willing and able to help me?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
3 years 10 months ago #321964 by krileon
We only provide basic configuration as a service which likely would not cover what you're needing. We've worked personally with Jacob at www.idlwebinc.com/services/joomla-services a few times though and can recommend him, but we don't have a list of developers or anything of the sort. Beyond that you'd need to use various freelance sites like Upwork, Toptal, Remoteok, etc..

We'll be addressing the complexity in the future. The idea is to have the backend split into 2 modes. A basic and an advanced. This would show/hide large chunks of parameters to allow a more simplified configuration of CB and hide away the more complex parameters in Basic. In addition to this we want to greatly expand CB Quickstart to be able to provide a large amount of pre-built sites out of the box. Aside from that there will also just be general UX improvements with better parameter names, descriptions, and placed in maybe better locations. The idea is to get this going for CB 3.0 since we need to improve core APIs before we can do any of this. These are all just in the idea phase though so can't really provide any real details about those future plans.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• dbeezley
  • dbeezley
3 years 10 months ago #321967 by dbeezley
Thank you. I'll contact Jacob, see what he has to say. I've done a freelance site. Even if I specify Joomla+CB, I get generalists, not native English, eager to work, not understanding what I'm asking. Assuming Jacob is skilled in CB as you would know, what remains is his willingness.

• timstohr
  • timstohr
3 years 10 months ago #321987 by timstohr
Hi maybe I can also provide some help depending on what is needed. I am very good with CB. Just contact me over the PM part.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon