Skip to Content Skip to Menu

community builder and php 8

• jojo12
  • jojo12
3 years 10 months ago #321971 by jojo12
community builder and php 8 was created by jojo12
Hi, I tried latest community builder on joomla 3.9.23 and php 8. Joomla! wrote, that 3.9.23 will be compatible with php8.
But with cb there are a lot errors with php 8.
When will cb be ready?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
3 years 10 months ago #321973 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic community builder and php 8
We will be compatible with PHP 8 in CB 2.5 release which will also bring Joomla 4 compatibility as noted in our below news article.

www.joomlapolis.com/news/18907-community-builder-2-4-7-release

Everyone should pay special attention to the last sentence. We are dropping PHP 5.x support in CB 2.5. The new PHP minimum will be PHP 7.2.5, which is still subject to change as I'd like the minimum to be set to 7.3 (for trailing commas and new array functions) or ideally 7.4 (for typed properties).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon