Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Field Group Reordering Bug

• Sekulla
  • Sekulla
3 years 9 months ago - 3 years 9 months ago #322165 by Sekulla
Field Group Reordering Bug was created by Sekulla
Hi,

Hope you are all safe?

I think there is a bug in the field group reordering feature.

I have set up a typical resume on the CB profile using field groups. This is exactly as set up and in default CB installation. So each field group has a company name, start and end dates, title and description plus a logo image. I have set the field group reordering to yes, so the front end user can recorder their entries.

All works well, except when a user reorders an entry. The reordering works but the image field for the logo remains in the original field group, while all the other field types move as expected.

Same screen captures showing before and after reordering.

Is this a bug or something wrong with my settings?

Thanks
Merry Christmas and Happy New year to you all!
Attachments:
Last edit: 3 years 9 months ago by Sekulla.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
3 years 9 months ago #322170 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Field Group Reordering Bug
That's a known issue as the processing for image fields inside of a field group is extremely delicate and is the reason reordering is off by default. Reordering can also be slow as it has to reindex every single input in the field group. I recommend leaving reordering off unless it's just a simple set of text fields for example.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• Sekulla
  • Sekulla
3 years 9 months ago #322196 by Sekulla
Replied by Sekulla on topic Field Group Reordering Bug
Thanks Kyle for the feedback.

That is a real shame as it makes it less useful for a profile career listing, which is normally shown in reverse chronology. As the User adds future career posts they are added at the bottom and not the top os not possible to use a reverse chronology.

Any chance this might be reworked in the future?

• krileon
  • krileon
3 years 9 months ago #322206 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Field Group Reordering Bug

Any chance this might be reworked in the future?

It's a bug so yes there are plans to fix it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon