Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] The formatting of two CB Modules is not viewed by guests and registered users

• Compix83
  • Compix83
3 years 9 months ago - 3 years 9 months ago #322213 by Compix83
Hi krileon.

I have regularly formatted the CB Online and CB ProfileBook Latest modules in my personal.css file, but the formatting is visible only by super users and not by guests and registered users.

Such a thing has never happened to me before and I don't think it's a coincidence that it happened with two CB modules.

I am attaching two screenshots below: in the first (CATTURA 1.PNG) you can see the modules how guests and registered users see them and in the second (CATTURA.PNG) as super users see them.

How to solve?

P.S. You can access the site by going HERE and using these credentials:

[REMOVED]

Thanks,
Vincenzo
Attachments:
Last edit: 3 years 9 months ago by krileon. Reason: Added [SOLVED] tag to subject

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
3 years 9 months ago #322214 by krileon
Please stop posting login credentials here. These are public forums. I advise you to delete that account or change its password. Please also do not create accounts in our names as people tend to not clear those accounts leaving our name attached at a large amount of sites.

I've no idea what personal.css is or how you're even loading it. That would have nothing to do with CB. My guess is whatever you're using to load that CSS file isn't doing so for everyone or there's something wrong with your custom CSS. You can use CBs template override functionality shown below to add custom CSS to CB.

www.joomlapolis.com/blog/kyle/18711-template-css-overrides-made-easy

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• Compix83
  • Compix83
3 years 9 months ago #322222 by Compix83

krileon wrote: Please stop posting login credentials here. These are public forums. I advise you to delete that account or change its password. Please also do not create accounts in our names as people tend to not clear those accounts leaving our name attached at a large amount of sites.

I've no idea what personal.css is or how you're even loading it. That would have nothing to do with CB. My guess is whatever you're using to load that CSS file isn't doing so for everyone or there's something wrong with your custom CSS. You can use CBs template override functionality shown below to add custom CSS to CB.

www.joomlapolis.com/blog/kyle/18711-template-css-overrides-made-easy

Hi, Krileon.

Personal.css is none other than one of the default css files contained in Beez3, which as you know is one of the two default Joomla templates.

I've formatted an entire site on that file - including a lot of Community Builder stuff - and that's why it seems strange to me that this problem only occurred with these two CB modules.

Of course I will delete the user I created for you and I will try to fix this problem.

Thanks anyway,
Vincenzo

• Compix83
  • Compix83
3 years 9 months ago #322229 by Compix83
Resolved.

The problem was with the .jmoddiv extension that Google added to the modules name when I inspected the site as a super user.

For example, the module "moduletable.attivita" (CB ProfileBook Latest) became "moduletable.attivita.jmoddiv.jmodinside", and as such I was going to insert it in the css.

But inspecting the site as a normal registered user, there is no trace of the .jmoddiv.jmodinside extension, and therefore the browser did not read the formatting I entered.

I apologize if I have opened a topic for a non-CB problem, but maybe it will be useful to someone who will find themselves facing the same problem.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon