• martsund
  • martsund
  • Add-ons
3 years 9 months ago #322277 by martsund
Notes in Group Jive was created by martsund
Hi
Do you have any Idea about if it would be possible to create a kind of a note
function in a groupe. Now I can upload files and images and more, but I would
like to use my groups to be a sharepoint kind of thing for me and my users and I
need a kind of a Evernote, advanced notepad, onenote function where I can write
down notes that will be able to be shared with the other users in the group. I
would love to have a search function so I can search among all the notes.

Do you have any idea on how to create such thing?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
3 years 9 months ago #322282 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Notes in Group Jive
Best I can suggest is CB Activity integrating with CB GroupJive. It already does this using CB Auto Actions to render an activity stream per group. For notes function it might be better to use a comment stream though. To do this in CB Auto Actions > System Actions make a copy of "CB Groupjive - Stream". Now edit your copy of "CB Groupjive - Stream" in CB Auto Actions > Auto Actions making the following changes.

Action
Stream: Comments
Asset: groupjive.group.[var2_id].notes
Output
Layout:
Code:
return array( 'id' => 'notes', 'title' => \CBLib\Language\CBTxt::T( 'Notes' ), 'content' => $content );

That should be all you'll need to do for a per-group comment stream.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• martsund
  • martsund
  • Add-ons
3 years 9 months ago #322288 by martsund
Replied by martsund on topic Notes in Group Jive
This is fantastic Krileon, i Will to ahead and try it out.

Thanks mate
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon