Skip to Content Skip to Menu

New Fields Added Do Not Work!!

• bascherz
  • bascherz
3 years 9 months ago #322337 by bascherz
New Fields Added Do Not Work!! was created by bascherz
What in the world could cause new fields (I've only tried radio buttons and single-select checkboxes) to simply stop working? They just don't save the selections. Have I exceeded some capacity? Is the database messed up? I did run CB database checker tools and they found nothing wrong.

THIS IS A MAJOR ISSUE. PLEASE HELP ASAP!

Thanks,
Bruce

Bruce S - Vienna, VA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bascherz
  • bascherz
3 years 9 months ago #322338 by bascherz
Replied by bascherz on topic New Fields Added Do Not Work!!
It's worse than I thought. I can't save ANYTHING in my profiles anymore. What it the world would cause this? I've never encountered this before.

URGENT REQUEST FOR ASSISTANCE, PLEASE.

Thanks,
Bruce

Bruce S - Vienna, VA

• bascherz
  • bascherz
3 years 9 months ago #322339 by bascherz
And it just keeps getting worse... nobody can log in. If I hadn't still been logged into the back of the site and able to change my password using the JOOMLA user manager, I wouldn't be able to log in now either.

HEELLLLLLLPPPP!!

Bruce S - Vienna, VA

• krileon
  • krileon
3 years 9 months ago #322341 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic New Fields Added Do Not Work!!
If using CB Auto Actions unpublish it to see if it's one of your auto actions causing your issues. Aside from that recall what you last configured and revert your changes. This isn't an issue CB can cause out of the box. Something you've configured or installed is likely breaking some part of the user object.

CB does not have a field limit, but databases do. You'll hit database limits around 1000 fields typically, but this depends on database configuration. Hitting database limits will not cause your issue though; it will just prevent creation of new fields. It certainly would have no impact on login as well.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• bascherz
  • bascherz
3 years 9 months ago #322352 by bascherz
Yep, went through the auto actions one by one. Found it in the last one I disabled, which is the one I recently change to be triggered off another one (remember that conversation?).

Earlier Post About Chaining Auto Actions

I did exactly what that post said to do. The action in the case of the triggered AA is handled by a PHP file included that had not been causing any issues, though not working as expected because of what I believe to be a timing issue. Changing it to be triggered off the geocoding AA (ID=1) is what made it so profiles could no longer be saved. Very weird.

So either I totally muffed this change in triggering, or there are other nuances about it I need to know about.

Bruce S - Vienna, VA

• krileon
  • krileon
3 years 9 months ago #322357 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic New Fields Added Do Not Work!!
Chaining auto actions works perfectly fine, but also shouldn't really be necessary in your usage. Your issue is likely entirely to do with whatever PHP script file you're using. Probably causing a fatal error and interrupting the profile save process.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon