Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Login Module Issue

• nphic
  • nphic
3 years 9 months ago #322475 by nphic
Login Module Issue was created by nphic
Folks,

I'm not sure what happened, but my Log In module is now prompting for the Username as the login id. I've had it set to email for the past 8 years. Not sure what happened. I just completed the last CB update. Can you share with me how I change this back to email as the login id?

Thanks,
Joe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nphic
  • nphic
3 years 9 months ago #322476 by nphic
Replied by nphic on topic SOLVED: Login Module Issue
Folks,

My login method in my configuration was changed with the latest update. No sure why this happened, but just letting you know.

Thanks,
Joe

• krileon
  • krileon
3 years 9 months ago #322477 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Login Module Issue
Please see the below topic.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/255-developer-members-support/243420-last-update-of-cb

Latest release was bugged. We've pulled the release and advise everyone that has installed it to restore a backup or downgrade to the previous nightly build (which is now currently the latest). Unfortunately if you do not have a backup you will need to restore your configuration settings within CB > Configuration in addition to any core plugins in CB > Plugin Management (e.g. CB Forums, PMS, CB Articles, etc..); note this doesn't apply to non-core plugins like CB Activity.

I apologize for the inconvenience. We somehow missed this issue during code reviews and testing. We're working on fixing this for a new release and discussing how we can better be sure this never happens again. If it's any consolation this is the first time something this unfortunate has ever happened at least so we certainly try to be sure updates are as smooth as possible.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• edjec
  • edjec
  • Add-ons
3 years 9 months ago #322480 by edjec
Replied by edjec on topic Login Module Issue
We had the same issues, but a complete restoration to previous configuration settings returned the site to full function.

Stuff happens!

Thanks, krileon!
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant, krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon