Skip to Content Skip to Menu

The new translation overrides are amazing

• timstohr
  • timstohr
3 years 8 months ago #322976 by timstohr
Hi guys,
Kudos on the new translation overrides. They are now dead easy to use as the search button is right at the top, new fields are created at the top and you do not need to go through all the show more clicks when you are searching for a value that occurs very often (eg the value "with" for the constant "ACTIVITY_TAGS")

I spent hours translating everything just the way I wanted for four languages and it was loads easier to use than the Joomla translation one but now... It is simply a lot smoother....

Also, now at least we will not have two times the same translation in as the overrides also show up as values...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
3 years 8 months ago #323002 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic The new translation overrides are amazing
Glad you like the improvements! We'll hopefully be able to improve it even more later since we still have a problem with too many DOM input elements (e.g. a lot of overrides cause it to fail to save or be really slow), but it's at least easier to use and we've fixed the language finder so it should always be accurate now.

Please let us know if you've any issues with the new overrides and if you do hit issues with it saving or being slow please be sure to attach a zip of your overrides language file so we can directly test it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• timstohr
  • timstohr
3 years 8 months ago #323021 by timstohr
Replied by timstohr on topic The new translation overrides are amazing
Sure will do. I am living on the country side so pings of beyond 1 second are not unusual here so no idea how fast fast is but will keep you updated.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon