Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB Activity

• sirweb
  • sirweb
3 years 8 months ago #323133 by sirweb
CB Activity was created by sirweb
I have 2 questions about CB Activity.

1. I´m using it as article commenting system. Would it be possible to add #likes and #comments in blog layouts and article modules, ie adding code snippets in overrides?

2. How can I create groups in CB Acctivity and assign these groups to menu items?

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
3 years 8 months ago #323144 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Activity

1. I´m using it as article commenting system. Would it be possible to add #likes and #comments in blog layouts and article modules, ie adding code snippets in overrides?

Where the comments/likes display is entirely based off the context parameters. Navigate to Extensions > Plugins then edit "Content - CB Activity" and under "Comments and Likes" tab you'll find the context parameters. The default is com_content.article for Include Context which is what causes it to only display directly on article view.

2. How can I create groups in CB Acctivity and assign these groups to menu items?

I've no idea what you mean by this. Groups don't exist in CB Activity. Are you referring to group activity about CB GroupJive groups?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• sirweb
  • sirweb
3 years 8 months ago #323159 by sirweb
Replied by sirweb on topic CB Activity

krileon wrote:

Where the comments/likes display is entirely based off the context parameters. Navigate to Extensions > Plugins then edit "Content - CB Activity" and under "Comments and Likes" tab you'll find the context parameters. The default is com_content.article for Include Context which is what causes it to only display directly on article view.

Ok. I tried to add "com_content,com_content.article" im the Include field. That was obviously wring, as it broke the blog layout and only the latest post was viewed.

I've no idea what you mean by this. Groups don't exist in CB Activity. Are you referring to group activity about CB GroupJive groups?[/quote]

Sorry, misunderstanding by me. Must try to find some concept documentations instead. Documentation suggestions highly appreciated. :)

• krileon
  • krileon
3 years 8 months ago #323172 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Activity

Ok. I tried to add "com_content,com_content.article" im the Include field. That was obviously wring, as it broke the blog layout and only the latest post was viewed.

It looks like the blog context maybe as follows since it's a category view.

com_content.categories

Sorry, misunderstanding by me. Must try to find some concept documentations instead. Documentation suggestions highly appreciated.

I've no idea what you were asking about so I don't know what to suggest. If possible please clarify further what you meant regarding groups and activity.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon