Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB Admin Dropdown Menu

• micheleq
  • micheleq
3 years 8 months ago - 3 years 8 months ago #323190 by micheleq
CB Admin Dropdown Menu was created by micheleq
Hi,
I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone. A few updates ago, my CB Subs menu disappeared from the top admin menu. I promptly saw Kyle's post here:

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/153-professional-member-support/239782-lost-gallery-privacy-auto-actions-group-jive-activity-profile-book?start=6#307414

There were also other posts describing my same issue, but the solutions didn't work and there was mention that CB and CB subs needed to be in latest versions. I'm not in a hurry and this is not a priority, however, I don't have the option to set up the CB Subs menu in the Admin Menu as I used to. The CB Admin Dropdown Menu module no longer shows the option to show the CBSubs Menu. CB Subs is probably my most used menu and having it buried is not a preference. The other plugin menus I rarely use, so they are just taking up space if I don't use the compact mode.

I'm on versions:
CB: 4.5.0+build.2020.12.28.16.10.43.643177d9b
CB Subs: 2.5.0+build.2021.02.01.21.20.37.ae3d43f4e

What am I missing (other than the menu)?
Thank you,
Tomás
Last edit: 3 years 8 months ago by micheleq.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
3 years 8 months ago #323193 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Admin Dropdown Menu
If you followed the instructions in that topic and ensured CB Plugin menu options are being output then Compact mode is likely why you're not seeing it. If Compact mode is enabled you need to go to Community Builder > Plugin Management for plugin menu items in the dropdown.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• micheleq
  • micheleq
3 years 8 months ago #323225 by micheleq
Replied by micheleq on topic CB Admin Dropdown Menu
Thank you for the quick response.

I'll try to explain in pictures as pictures say a thousand words!

The old CB Admin menu had the option to show or hide the CB Subs menu independently

For the new CB versions, the module removed the possibility to add only the CB Subs menu

I could set it as "Compact: No" and that would show all menus like this (which I don't want).

The thing for me is that the CB Subs menu is probably the most used, after CB Users, and I can go through Community Builder > Plugin Management but it's a longer way around. Like I said, it's not a priority.

I did find that if I replaced the module folder /administrator/modules/mod_cbadmin with the old module, it works ok. Just a short term solution, but feasible.

Thank you,
Tomás

• krileon
  • krileon
3 years 8 months ago #323241 by krileon
CBSubs is responsible for its own menu now. It's not hardcoded in core CB anymore. This was announced in our newsletter and frontpage article below.

www.joomlapolis.com/news/18912-cb-paid-subscriptions-cbsubs-4-5-release

You need to update CBSubs.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• micheleq
  • micheleq
3 years 7 months ago #323483 by micheleq
Replied by micheleq on topic CB Admin Dropdown Menu
Hi Kyle,

My CB Subs version is now
4.5.0+build.2020.12.28.16.10.43.643177d9b

I'm still not seeing the CB Subs menu on the top menu bar.

Unless you mean that it ONLY shows under COMMUNITY BUILDER > PLUGIN MANAGER > PAID SUBSCRIPTIONS
Maybe that's what I'm not understanding, that it will only show there?

Thanks,
Tomas

• krileon
  • krileon
3 years 7 months ago #323497 by krileon
Both CBSubs and CB need to be up to date. Then see the topic below to ensure plugin menus are enabled. That's all that's necessary. Plugin menus being enabled has been the default for over a year now so this only really impacts pre-existing sites that had plugin menus turned off.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/153-professional-member-support/239782-lost-gallery-privacy-auto-actions-group-jive-activity-profile-book?start=6#307414

Unless you mean that it ONLY shows under COMMUNITY BUILDER > PLUGIN MANAGER > PAID SUBSCRIPTIONS

If the menu items are there then Compact mode is enabled, which is enabled by default. We've too many plugins now to be putting them under individual parent menu items. You can turn compact mode off in the same module where you turn plugin menus on (see linked topic above).

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: micheleq

Moderators: beatnantkrileon