Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB Invites: Expiring reg_codes?

• mlilge
  • mlilge
3 years 8 months ago #323283 by mlilge
CB Invites: Expiring reg_codes? was created by mlilge
Hi,

I'm wondering whether CB Invites supports a validity period for reg_codes? I.e. a registration attempt using an aged reg_code would fail. Ideally such an absolute expiry date would be maintained per reg_code.

I guess it's not implemented as I cannot find any such field in the #__comprofiler_plugin_invites table. Would it be safe to add such a field to that table or would it break any later upgrades?

Any recommendations which php files to tweak? I'd like to think this check follows a similar logic like trying to use an already consumed reg_code.

Many thanks,
Manfred

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
3 years 8 months ago #323284 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Invites: Expiring reg_codes?
CB Invites does not have an expiration feature. It's a good idea though and was added to a few other plugins already. Have added a feature ticket for this.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/8381

I cannot advise you on core modifications to CB Invites as we do not support core modifications. Once implemented you'll be able to select from a parameter how long the invites remain active (e.g. 1 week from send date).

I do not have any suggestions on how to implement this even with CB Auto Actions. While there are triggers for acting on there's a lot involved with expiration behavior and would likely take 3-4 auto actions with custom coding.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• mlilge
  • mlilge
3 years 8 months ago #323292 by mlilge
Replied by mlilge on topic CB Invites: Expiring reg_codes?
Shame, this feature is not implemented as yet.

I would prefer a new private field to this DB table and hoped for a general CB core policy like all private fields with a defined name prefix will survive future upgrades. If this is not granted I may misuse one of the existing but unused fields such as "subject".

An Auto Action at registration time may delete all expired reg_codes from the DB and the attempt will fail, because reg_code does either not exist or has expired.

As for your feature request: My usecase is an invite to a community that kicks off at a set date. Hence, the expiration should also support absolute dates in addition to dates relative to submission time.

Thanks for clarifying!

• krileon
  • krileon
3 years 8 months ago #323294 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Invites: Expiring reg_codes?
I don't have a solution for what you're wanting if you're needing exact expiration dates. The feature that will be implemented will be relative (e.g. 5 days, 1 year, 2 months, etc..) based off invite date. You'll have to implement a custom expiration solution with CB Auto Actions for your needs. The plugin was not designed for your usecase, sorry.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon