Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Redirect registered users depending on whether they have filled in required fiel

3 years 7 months ago - 3 years 7 months ago #323459 by Gruposenda
Hello, maybe you can help me with what I need, since the component does not stop surprising us for good :-)

We need that when a user login in to our website:

a ) If he has all the mandatory fields of his profile complete => Redirects to an internal URL (for example to an article)

b ) If he has any required fields not filled in => Redirect to the edit profile page.
b.2) It would be wonderful and awesome if he could not leave this page until his profile is 100% complete.

Basically what I am looking for is to "force" the registered user to complete his profile 100% or else not to allow him to continue logged in (close the session or reload the profile edit page)

Can you come up with an idea with Auto Actions or some other CB plugin?

So far I have only managed to redirect after login to the profile edit :-(

Thank you very much for your help!!

Best regards
Last edit: 3 years 7 months ago by Gruposenda.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
3 years 7 months ago #323471 by krileon

a ) If he has all the mandatory fields of his profile complete => Redirects to an internal URL (for example to an article)

Using CB Auto Actions create a redirect auto action on the onAfterUserLoginSuccess trigger. Next under Conditions check for all the fields you want to be complete. Under Action you can then specify the URL you want to redirect them to.

b ) If he has any required fields not filled in => Redirect to the edit profile page.

Basically same as above except redirect to profile edit if any of your specific fields are missing values.

b.2) It would be wonderful and awesome if he could not leave this page until his profile is 100% complete.

Unfortunately that's not really practical. You can try doing it with CB Auto Actions but it interferes with a lot of operations and there's certain cases where some URLs need to ignore the redirect (e.g. ajax endpoints, etc..).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon