Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Avatar size in CB Private Messaging

• autobahn
  • autobahn
3 years 5 months ago - 3 years 5 months ago #324755 by autobahn
I am putting my site back to the Joomla and and CB default templates (Protostar and CB default with a couple of colour changes done using CB Template Changer) and have run into a problem with the avatar size in CB Private Messaging.

My localhost test site has been updated to the latest versions of everything. CB is 2.6.0, Joomla is 3.9.26, CB Private Messages is 2.6.0. The template uses a three-column layout, with the CB Private Messages appearing in the centre column.

When I display a list of CB Private Messages (both Sent and Received) the avatar is huge (image attached). The message is squashed into such a narrow column that even short words are word-wrapped (in the image the surname is 10 characters).

I have looked everywhere I can think of and cannot find out how to reduce the avatar to a readable size (as in viewing the User Profile). The example uses the default avatar.

In CB Configuration/Images:

Default Maximum Image Height = 500px, Default Maximum Image Width = 200px
Default Maximum Thumbnail Height = 86px, Default Maximum Thumbnail Width = 60px

In CB/Field Management _UE_IMAGE has image limits of:

Maximum Image Height = 160px, Default Maximum Image Width = 160px
Maximum Thumbnail Height = 80px, Default Maximum Thumbnail Width = 80px

What have I missed?

Last edit: 3 years 5 months ago by krileon. Reason: Added [SOLVED] tag to subject

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
3 years 5 months ago #324756 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Avatar size in CB Private Messaging
That's a known issue already being fixed. Some locations restrict the avatar size, but the new initials based avatars are SVGs and the CSS restricting the avatar size is against img tags so that CSS doesn't work. We're working on going through and updating all the usages.

As for the default avatar size limits the following are recommended and will likely be strictly enforced in a future release as we need a more consistent behavior for avatars.

Maximum Width: 160
Maximum Height: 160
Maximum Thumbnail Width: 80
Maximum Thumbnail Height: 80
Main Aspect Ratio: Yes, with User Cropping

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• autobahn
  • autobahn
3 years 5 months ago #324760 by autobahn
Replied by autobahn on topic Avatar size in CB Private Messaging
I'm relieved that I wasn't just being dumb!

Is there a way I can switch avatar display off in CB Private Message, at least for the time being?

• krileon
  • krileon
3 years 5 months ago #324761 by krileon
The below CSS will fix it if you don't want to wait for a fixed build.

Code:
.cb_template .pmMessages .pmMessagesRowImg img, .cb_template .pmMessages .pmMessagesRowImg .cbImgPict, .cb_template .pmMessage .pmMessageHeaderImg img, .cb_template .pmMessage .pmMessageHeaderImg .cbImgPict { width: 60px; max-width: none; }

Alternatively you can edit the avatar field in CB > Field Management and change default empty to an image again instead of the dynamic initials avatar.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• krileon
  • krileon
3 years 5 months ago #324763 by krileon
This is now fixed in latest CB build release. Should be available now.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: autobahn

• autobahn
  • autobahn
3 years 5 months ago #324765 by autobahn
Replied by autobahn on topic Avatar size in CB Private Messaging
In response to your latest reply I have just downloaded the latest CB build, installed it and tested it. Perfect, thank you.

You guys never cease to amaze me!
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon