Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Display raw url in user's list

• jabba84
  • jabba84
3 years 5 months ago #324922 by jabba84
Display raw url in user's list was created by jabba84
Hello! I ask users to insert a URL in a input field.
In the users list i don't want to display the link itself, but to link a specific word (like "link"). In the display of the field i've set like attachment 1:

but in the list a got weird result as attachment 2:

How can i set to have a word linked to the url?
Thanks!

WebMaster & JoomlaLover @ www.pixed.it

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
3 years 5 months ago #324924 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Display raw url in user's list
[value] is the formatted value of a field when used in a layout parameter. Use [FIELD_NAME] if you need the raw value.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• jabba84
  • jabba84
3 years 5 months ago #324927 by jabba84
Replied by jabba84 on topic Display raw url in user's list
Hi Krileon, thanks! It works.
My bad i've actually wrote [FIELD_NAME] instead of the field name and spent minutes trying to understand why it was not working :D

Right here i have one last question:
is possible to setup a specific CSS of a row in the list based on a value of the table? Like if the cell has the value "YES" the row has a green background, if the cell has the value "NO" the row has a red background. Thanks

• krileon
  • krileon
3 years 5 months ago #324928 by krileon

is possible to setup a specific CSS of a row in the list based on a value of the table? Like if the cell has the value "YES" the row has a green background, if the cell has the value "NO" the row has a red background. Thanks

No, there's no support for that.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• jabba84
  • jabba84
3 years 5 months ago #324929 by jabba84
Replied by jabba84 on topic Display raw url in user's list
Ok, thanks for that, i'll do it with a custom JS.
About the original problem, with this solution i have an issue.
With this setup the render is perfect:

but the value is shown even if it's empty:

in this example all fields in 2019 are empty but the value is rendered anyway. Is there a way to prevent the value to be rendered if the field is empty?

• krileon
  • krileon
3 years 5 months ago #324930 by krileon
You're overriding the rendering of a field. That's what layout does. It will bypass the "is the field empty?" check if you don't account for empty in your layout. To do that you need to surround it with an IF substitution. Example as follows.

Code:
[cb:if FIELD_NAME!=""]LAYOUT_HERE[/cb:if]

See the bottom of the substitution tutorial below for further IF usage information.

www.joomlapolis.com/documentation/279-community-builder/tutorials/18353-using-substitutions-throughout-cb

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon