Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB Documentation

• trlbldr
  • trlbldr
3 years 4 months ago #324944 by trlbldr
CB Documentation was created by trlbldr
I'm not pointing out anything new with my observation that CB use documentation is, well, out of date. For instance, I looked for procedures to make good use of the updated capabilities provided by ProfileBook. Nothing - past or current - seems to be available, either in an online article or through a YouTube video.

The homepage announces CB 2.6 and points to a link for the CB 2.0 Primer as the documentation (user guide) and Kyle's Blog as user resources. The Primer is out of date and the blog, which is helpful, points repeatedly to default updates and "micro improvements" without discussing how to configure and use them. Perhaps no administrator configuration is required.

Just saying, that's all.

Don White

Don White

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #324948 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Documentation
CB 2.6 documentation doesn't show how to use any new features because there isn't anything to configure. It's a full UX update to CB that's automatically applied and requires no configuration. GJ 3.5.0 blog shows the new configuration options (new group types) and the rest of GJ 3.5.0 is UX updates.

The primer and our videos are planned to be updated after release of Joomla 4 and integration with Joomla 4 as our steps that we provide you and screenshots that we provide you are tied to the CMS they are on and we want them to be up to date as possible. This was planned awhile ago, but we didn't anticipate Joomla 4 being delayed so significantly so we're just waiting at this point.

As for missing documentation for integrations I don't really have an excuse beyond I don't have the time. I can implement features, fix bugs, and provide support or I can write documentation. If I stop releasing things for weeks people get upset, sales drop off a cliff, and nobody really seams happy about there being some new documentation as a result. So unless the majority say otherwise releasing feature and bug fixes seams to be what people want. We'll be trying to improve this in future releases by just making CB easier to use out of the box, but we're always going to be limited for time.

For instance, I looked for procedures to make good use of the updated capabilities provided by ProfileBook. Nothing - past or current - seems to be available, either in an online article or through a YouTube video.

The only new feature in CB ProfileBook is a "Owner Moderation" parameter in the ProfileBook and ProfileWall tabs to turn off profile owner moderation of posts (edit/delete/unpublish). As for the videos BBCode tag that it has always had it supports a youtube URL video code (the part after ?v= in the URL).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 3 years 4 months ago by krileon.

• nant
  • nant
3 years 4 months ago #324986 by nant
Replied by nant on topic CB Documentation

trlbldr wrote: I'm not pointing out anything new with my observation that CB use documentation is, well, out of date. For instance, I looked for procedures to make good use of the updated capabilities provided by ProfileBook. Nothing - past or current - seems to be available, either in an online article or through a YouTube video.

The homepage announces CB 2.6 and points to a link for the CB 2.0 Primer as the documentation (user guide) and Kyle's Blog as user resources. The Primer is out of date and the blog, which is helpful, points repeatedly to default updates and "micro improvements" without discussing how to configure and use them. Perhaps no administrator configuration is required.

Just saying, that's all.

Don White

We will be updating everything when J4 is released.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon