Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Groupjive Activity tab email notification

• AlanJones
  • AlanJones
3 years 3 months ago #325506 by AlanJones
Can you walk me through setting up an auto action that sends and email each time a new activity post is created to everyone inside a groupjive group?

I duplicated the auto action and changed the type to email and added some subject and message content, but it won't go through.

I did this same thing for activity comments and the email does go through. I am not sure if there is something wrong with my setup. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Own Your Own Community!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
3 years 3 months ago #325512 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Groupjive Activity tab email notification
The system action "CB Groupjive - Stream Notification" is responsible for logging a notification for group activity posts. It sends the notification to every user that has enabled that notification under the notifications page of their groups. The parameter for the notifications page is added by "CB Groupjive - Stream Notification Edit". To change this to an email you'd need to make a copy of "CB Groupjive - Stream Notification" system action and change it to an Email action.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon