Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] Gantry 5 Menus Drop Behind CB Profile Portrait

• bascherz
  • bascherz
3 years 3 months ago - 3 years 3 months ago #325519 by bascherz
I am switching a couple of my CB-based sites from T3/Purity III over to the Gantry 5/Hydrogen template, primarily because it is supposed to get migrated to Joomla! 4 (and I am a fan of its admin configuration).

There is one really annoying "feature" of this combination that is not present with Purity III. The Hydrogen drop menus drop behind the CB profile portrait. They are in front of the canvas photo, but behind the portrait, so between the two. I have tried setting the z-index very high for the Gantry menu, but it does nothing. Hoping someone here has also experienced this and been able to resolve it. I notice in my Joomlapolis profile the menus don't go that far to the left, so the issue is avoided or may not be present on this template.

Does anyone know what CSS to look at for CB to maybe tweak it? I am looking into the Gantry styles to make sure I've got the right one(s).

Thanks in advance,
Bruce

Bruce S - Vienna, VA
Last edit: 3 years 3 months ago by krileon. Reason: Added [SOLVED] tag to subject

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bascherz
  • bascherz
3 years 3 months ago #325520 by bascherz
Replied by bascherz on topic Gantry 5 Menus Drop Behind CB Profile Portrait
Found the Gantry class that needed a greater z-index value: #g-navigation. This did the trick.

#g-navigation {
z-index:10;
}

I had been being too specific. Anyway, as I often do, I answered my own question. Hopefully, someone else benefits.

Bruce

Bruce S - Vienna, VA
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon